Sign in to follow this  
beatle

LOOKING FOR A PROGRAM FOR MY LAPTOP

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

HELLOI was looking for a program that could run on my laptop while I am flying in fsx. I have a Standalone PC for fsx and usually use my laptop on a stool next to me. Is there a program out there that could access FSX from the laptop and do stuff like see the FSX database, Follow the Aircraft, flight plan and such? Maybe something that does not require a computer guru to setup?Thanks For the Help!V4 Grape!

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

Hey ThanksReally wasnt looking to extend my desktop to my laptop. was wanting something that was standalone but could network to my main FSX pc.V4 Grape

You didn't look closely enough at the second link.You would need Pete Dawson's WideFS and Luciano's WidevieW programs to network the way you want.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Calb

"see the FSX database"....what database ??"Follow the Aircraft"....follow it how? ...visually? ...moving map? ...what?"flight plan"....I think you'll have to print it outI have a hunch that what you're hoping for doesn't exist.Cal - CYXX

Like already mentioned, WideFS (registered) makes it possible to connect the computers via network-- you'll also need the registered version of FSUIPC to make that work (I'm sure that's what Bill meant to say too..). Than a program like for example FSCommander (which communicates via FSUIPC/WideFS) makes it possible to see the flightplan visually on the map, both in text as in a drawing, while it centers (follows) itself on your plane (top-down map view).About being a computer guru to set it up-- it's easier in WinXP than Vista (with it's ridiculous protection scheme's). I suggest you go read around a bit here in the forums, there's a lot of great info about how to succesfully set up a network. You can always deside then, if you can do it yourself.. or need to get someone to help you with it.Good luck!Gert

There are lots of tools that do this. Though, I do agree, what does "See FSX database" mean?other tools that do similar thingsFSEarth,Several tools, including one for watching traffic come with FSUIPCI don't know the names of them, but there are several AI watcher programs out there that will run on a separte PC, including ATC tools.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

FSCommander This maybe what I was looking for! THanks!

I don't know any program names off the top of my head, but anything that uses SimConnect and runs as a seperate application can be made to run on a second networked computer if you have the deluxe version of FSX.

Guest acolvard

I was looking for the same type of program, except I want to control my GPS on another PC. I have a Samsung Q1 ultra small laptop which has a 7" touch screen. I would like to display the GPS on that screen and use it to program the GPS. It would be a much better alternative then assigning button. I could just buy a small touch screen, but I already have the Q1. It appears that Maxiview might work. I will try the demo, but does anyone have any other solutions for the GPS? I wish Goflight would produce something.