Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

"QUESTION: Did the FSX Team know that "blurries" were probably our #1 complaint with FS9 and before?"

Guest deadly

Geofa, how many fps are you getting in Crysis now? More or less?

>I don't have Crysis or play it so I wouldn't know. I did try>the demo on my old setup (old monitor) and it was pretty>dismal.>http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg>Forum Moderator>http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/Here's a compilation of comments from major game reviewers about it, just in case you were wondering:"When was the last time you upgraded your system? It doesn't matter because you'll probably have to do it again: Crysis is that demanding." (2) "Crysis may very well kick your computer in the balls at Very High settings;" (1) but "results are a bit mixed at medium and low settings. ... At the lowest detail settings, objects pop in and out with a fair degree of consistency. It's annoying at best and frustrating at worst, as it can impact gameplay." (3)"The constant tweaking of system specs needed to get the game running optimally is also a drag, and the average PC gamer will probably find that their system is nowhere near powerful enough to get this beast even up and running to standard." (2) Without a strong enough rig, the game "may very well turn into more of a slideshow than you'd probably prefer and in some cases become completely unplayable." (1)1 = http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=31643212 = http://www.gamepro.com/computer/pc/games/r...ws/147188.shtml3 = http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/crysis/r...tml?sid=6182739That all sounds very familiar.

Guest S77th-GOYA

>Using your aurgument-there are a couple statements you make >in this post that would not pass your own logic test...Such as?>In any case-I will be testing more and reporting the results.PLease do. Do you have any indication that your old monitor is not a dithering monitor?

>Wow!, after 11 years developing systems - and but now I know>what an API is. Thank you!>>It sounds like you have little or no experience in actual>programming. You are correct. I should be ashamed. After a mere thirty-four years of professional experience, I remain a complete novice.I have no choice now but to return my Master's in CompSci to the University of Florida Gainesville, and refund all the salary I received as an Adjunct Professor during my post-grad years. :-roll Seriously, it is abundantly clear by now that you've no real interest in an intelligent, rational discussion, but would rather wave your red flag of abject silliness here at AVSIM... :+ Whenever the other party in a discussion resorts to ad hominem remarks, it invariably means that their position is weak and they're grasping at straws...I'll even predict that - absent a fundamental change - your membership at AVSIM won't last long enough to reach the one-hundred post mark... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

deadly, you are very strong in your opinions. Certainly I have no doubt regarding your position.My question is, what is your mission, your goal? If you convinced the vast majority here that fsx is bad code...then what? Would you lead a demand for refunds? I'm truely interested, Its intriguing to me that anyone would care enough about an entertainment title to become this passionite and inflamatory as to define it as "bad code".Bob

>He was supposedly a very>intelligent man and would have seen that Geofa made more than>a simple statement like "I went to work today". He used the>change of monitors and the acquisition of blurries to place>the blame on hardware. If ya don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all...RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

:-samurai What a beautiful 'Touche' Bill. 'Tis indeed a fool who dare challange you on your forte. Diamonds are definitely forever me thinks. And you are no exception :-kewl

> :-samurai > What a beautiful 'Touche' Bill. >'Tis indeed a fool who dare challange you on your forte.>> Diamonds are definitely forever me thinks.>> And you are no exception :-kewl Dave, while I long ago decided never to "suffer fool's gladly," over the decades I've at least learned how to respond with panache... :-beerchug

Fr. Bill    

Guest FredGherkin

>Dave, while I long ago decided never to "suffer fool's>gladly," over the decades I've at least learned how to respond>with panache...Or pomposity, as some may see it.

Guest deadly

hmmm.. I thought my example could not get any simpler. But it seems you still do not get it.Embarrassingly, you said directx is a "black box" API which gets passed "data" from FSX, and any graphics glitches are caused by the driver (not FSX). x:-)Now try and think logically. If all the graphics problems in FSX were caused by the driver, then every other 3D PC game in this market would be experiencing the same such graphics issues. Why?? Because they all use the same API and drivers!Since every other 3D PC game in this market is not experiencing the same such issues, why do you still think it's all due to driver problems *:-* Makes sense now? :)

>Since every other 3D PC game in this market is>not experiencing the same such>issues, why do you still think it's all due to driver problems>*:-* If your premise were true, certainly the conclusion you draw would be both licit and true.However the premise you cite in the quote above is fatally flawed, as a simple review of the driver notes from nVidia will prove. Or, simply do a quick perusal of nVidia's own forum to see how many problems other game titles are experiencing because of flaky drivers:http://forums.nvidia.com/lofiversion/index.php?f22.htmlIn particular, check out this one:http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=46480"I have spent nearly $4000 on an Alienware laptop to play the Sims 2..."I cannot find one, single game title that doesn't have at least a half-dozen complaints!

Fr. Bill