Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

January 11, 2024 MSFS Development Update

29 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

Can only hope this means more info about MSFS 2024,

Likewise. Anything substantially new appearing in a SU for MSFS2020 is likely to be whatever can be back-ported from MSFS2024.

Plus, January feels like a long month. Any new info to distract from that is very welcome!

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I'm not so much concerned with performance as with the program locking up at the end of a flight.  Yesterday, for the first time, the program locked up while I was in the cockpit.  I had just applied throttle when I suddenly couldn't do anything else.  Using a default aircraft with default scenery.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

1 hour ago, andyjohnston.net said:

I'm not so much concerned with performance as with the program locking up at the end of a flight.  Yesterday, for the first time, the program locked up while I was in the cockpit.  I had just applied throttle when I suddenly couldn't do anything else.  Using a default aircraft with default scenery.

Never seen such thing happens to me, did you tried witout the community, means with a emty community to see if this happens again ? 🤔

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

#11. Multiplayer issues. Fixed.

No they ain't! By a long shot.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

So they've given up fixing the DX12 Beta texture issues at airports with this Sim and moved onto MSFS2024 instead saying it's "improved", hmmm 🤔

• Upvote 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

I am really burning to see some 2024 previews. Let's gooooooooo!

• Like 5

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I like how an issue for MSFS 2020 ontbr DX12 Beta is now being shown as fixed for MSFS2024? Like what? What does that mean? Good luck to us in MSFS2020? 

• Like 1

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

4 hours ago, spearmint_flyer said:

I like how an issue for MSFS 2020 ontbr DX12 Beta is now being shown as fixed for MSFS2024? Like what? What does that mean? Good luck to us in MSFS2020? 

I'm guessing 2024's updated engine has something they can't back port to 2020.

12 hours ago, spearmint_flyer said:

As feared by a few there may well be bugs fixed for the next sim so they'll be "paying for a bug patch", personally I don't go with that thinking at all. But to have DX12 in beta for sooooo long and still not get to grips with this issue in the current Sim isn't a good look, of course if they actually communicated about particular issues instead of these one liners in the Roadmaps which leaves us all guessing then we'd all know what's going on...!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

@Tuskin38 @MarcG

The fact that the DX12 tile bleed issue in MSFS2020 is temporarily fixable by selecting a setting in the dev menu means that they could fix it if they wanted to, and judging by the fact they already have the code, it should really be a quick fix.
They should really look at the DX11 tile issue properly again as well.  I flew in a couple of places last night where it was a right mess.  Tile popping / swapping all over the place.  Still - Malta is fixed!  :unsure:

• Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

As I always say, clear your Direct X Shader cache and the tile bleed problem is sorted. CCleaner does it automatically for me, and I never have the problem.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

4 hours ago, Paul K said:

CCleaner does it automatically for me

Is that the freebie or the paid for version?

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

1 minute ago, Ron Attwood said:

Is that the freebie or the paid for version?

Both versions have it, Ron. It just has to be selected in the options.

• Upvote 1

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

I note that the Wishlist - Lifetime - 11 January 2024 list includes the item "Replay Functionality Missing", with the reply "Done PC/Not Planned XBox". Does this mean that replay functionality will be available with the next software update, or is there a replay function already in the simulator that I have missed?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png