Sign in to follow this  
Guest tmilton

Tutorial Video ... Trapping the Carrier

Guest fsxmissionguy

Hi all,I've uploaded a video tutorial demonstrating an effective procedure for trapping the carrier in FSX: Acceleration!I hope you jet jockey's will find it useful.(Any hints much appreciated!)Cheers,Kevinhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PetpmIkAYcc

Nice job on the video. I just wish there was an animation that showed the cable catching the hook and moving with the plane. Looks almost like its crashing when the cables are not seen.Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Nice and thanks. A week ago I was only able to make one landing in 10. After a week of practice ( Arnold Palmer:

Nice video! The "ball" you refer to,Is actually the fast,on speed,slow indexer. Back in my navy days in 1976, The F-4's and A-7's that were on the carrier had those lights on the L/H forward edge of the nose landing gear door, So the LSO had an instant speed reference. Do the jets today still have this system?

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Guest fsxmissionguy

Craig,Here's my setup (about 2 years old):* Dell Dimension XPS running an Intel Pentium 4 3.4 Ghz Processor* SyncMaster 225Bw 22" LCD Monitor (added later)* Windows XP Service Pack 2* 2 MB RAM (800 Mhz front-side bus)* NVidia GeForce 7950 GX2 512 RAM (added this later)* Flight Simulator X + Acceleration (thus, SP2)* Seitek X52 Controller (for jets and rotorcraft)* Seitek Pro Flight Yoke system for fixed wing* Seitek Pro 3-lever power quadrant* Seitek Pro Flight Rudder pedals* Fraps (free version) and Windows Moviemaker 2 for the videosPretty much all I need now is some aluminum to wrap around all these electronics and I figure I'll own myself a nice plane! ;)I get pretty decent frame rates on this rig. I have my FSX locked at 24 FPS, and get that anywhere outside any city. Inside cities, I get on average I'd guess about 16-20 FPS ... which is enough to get only the occasional stutter. I can easily land on the carriers with this.Cheers,Kevin

Great stuff!!!Is there a way to download YouTube vids?

Kevin, As you can see we have similar graphics cards and I'm also running XP SP2. Do you know what drivers you are using for your graphics card? CraigLian-Li PC60-B Case Corsair HX Series CMPSU-620HX 620W Power Supply Gigabyte P35 DS3R Intel Core2Duo E6850 Arctic Cooling Freezer7 Pro Crucual Ballistix 2GB PC2-8500 (DDR2-1066) EVGA 7950 GT OC 512 Mb Plextor PX-810SA/SW-BL 18X SATA DVD Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/sec Seagate Barracuda 7200.10250 GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/sec Win XP Pro SP2

Guest fsxmissionguy

Craig,I'm using the 93.81 drivers (which are the latest for this video card I believe).In Device Manager - mine shows 6.14.10.9381Cheers,Kevin

>Great stuff!!!>>Is there a way to download YouTube vids?Try WM Recorder in demo mode -- it used to give you 10 mins, but now it's only 5 :(scott s..

Thanks Kevin, The graphics look better than mine so I'm gonna check and see which drivers I'm using and change if they aren't the same as yours. I think I'm using the triple digit series drivers and should have stuck with the older ones. CraigLian-Li PC60-B Case Corsair HX Series CMPSU-620HX 620W Power Supply Gigabyte P35 DS3R Intel Core2Duo E6850 Arctic Cooling Freezer7 Pro Crucual Ballistix 2GB PC2-8500 (DDR2-1066) EVGA 7950 GT OC 512 Mb Plextor PX-810SA/SW-BL 18X SATA DVD Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/sec Seagate Barracuda 7200.10250 GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/secCraig

Guest fsxmissionguy

My flaps were set (although not shown in the video ... the F18 has automated flaps to reduce pilot load).

Guest tmilton

>Nice job on the video. I just wish there was an animation>that showed the cable catching the hookExcellent video! I agree, an animation which shows the hook being caught by the cable would increase realism. Maybe in FS11?