Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Can't get Robinson R44 off the ground!

I have the Robinson R44 in MSFS, but I can't get it to fly.  It's totally started and rotors are moving normally, but I can't seem to figure out what I need to do to get it to lift off.  Any help would be much appreciated. 

Also, what is your impression of the flying characteristics of this helicopter in MSFS as compared to the others?

Stan

I did start Airland FS but that still did not work.  Perhaps I'm not using Airland correctly.  Not sure.

• Problem solved.  I should have done a little more research on Airland FS before posting this.  Sorry.  I watched a YouTube on Airland FS and found out I wasn't loading my Profile at the correct time.  It's a little tricky but I now know better how to use this utility.

Thanks for reading this.

Stan

• Like 2

I thought the R44 (freeware, right?) didn't need AirlandFS anymore in its latest version ?

47 minutes ago, Daube said:

I thought the R44 (freeware, right?) didn't need AirlandFS anymore in its latest version ?

It sure does!

1 hour ago, spilok said:

It sure does!

I'm pretty sure there are 2 versions.  The newer r44 does not need it.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

3 hours ago, spilok said:

It sure does!

I think you have the older version.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Wow.  That's a revelation!  I missed that there was a non AFS version.  Just downloaded the new one.  Thanks!

Stan

• Like 1