Sign in to follow this  
ctiger

Looking for easy to use payware aircraft

Guest DerMeister

Hi,I hope this topic is posted the right place.As the headline tells, I am looking for a payware aircraft that is as easy to use as the built-in aircraft of FSX. I am not interested in start up procedures, FMC programming, fuel calculation and so on. I just want to fly the aircraft like the way it is possible to do with the built-in 737 and 747.I have been looking at the Wilco Airbus pack vol. 2 (including A330 and A340) and as far as I can see, one can choose different levels of realism - stretching from absolute beginner to advanced. I am looking for owners of the Wilco Airbus pack to tell me if it is possible to steer the aircraft as easily as the standard 737 and 747? And what are your general opinions on the aircraft?If anybody else has any suggestions on what I should buy, please let me know as I am still not sure what to do. For exmaple: How easy to use is the Wilco 777? Or the wilco Airbus pack vol. 1 - A318, A319, A320? And what are their VCs like? Is there a wide selection of liveries? etc. etc.Thanks in advance for any help. :)

Check out Overland models for similar virtual cockpits but quality models and paints:http://www.overland.co.jp/english/index.html

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Consider the CLS DC-10 series, which is as simple to fly as the default aircraft, has a nice VC and great external model.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Guest JimC1702

Take a look at the Flight1/Coolsky MD-80. You can fly it like the default airliners, and it even has automatic configurations for every phase of flight, selectable with a click of your mouse. And then when you're ready, it's complex enough to fly completely "by the book". It can be as easy or hard as you like.Jim

Guest DerMeister

>Check out Overland models for similar virtual cockpits but>quality models and paints:>>http://www.overland.co.jp/english/index.html>>As far as I can see, the Overland aircraft are not avilable for FSX. Is that correct?>Consider the CLS DC-10 series, which is as simple to fly as the default >aircraft, has a nice VC and great external model.>>Thanks for the advice. I already have the A300 from CLS and I find it average. Do you know how it is compared to the DC-10??>Take a look at the Flight1/Coolsky MD-80. You can fly it like the >default airliners, and it even has automatic configurations for every phase of flight, selectable with a click of your mouse. And then when >you're ready, it's complex enough to fly completely "by the book". It can be as easy or hard as you like.>>That sounds great! Do you have any experience with it yourself? How is the VC framerate etc.?Does nobody have any expereince with any of the Wilco products?

Overland planes are for FS9; however, they are easily converted to FSX. I have the Airbus series in both FS9 and FSX. Go to the file library and search for "Dave Nunez". He has written a complete guide on how to port the Overland/Simmer's Sky airline package into FSX.Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Guest JimC1702

>That sounds great! Do you have any experience with it>yourself? How is the VC framerate etc.?I do own the MD-80. It can be demanding, but I'm using it on an ancient P4 2.6 ghz computer, using a 22" monitor at 1680 X 1050.Here's the link to the info on the place with screenshots:http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=FL1-S80-002Jim

If you want "as easy to use as the built-in aircraft of FSX" then there are plenty of freeware aircraft that will save you a lot of money especially if your just interested in loading an aircraft andflying. Project Opensky comes to mind. If that's all your interestedin I wouldn't bother spending $20-$90 US on payware. Just look at theFSX aircraft in the file library.Craig

Guest DerMeister

> If you want "as easy to use as the built-in aircraft of>FSX" then there are plenty of freeware aircraft that will save>you a lot of >money especially if your just interested in loading an>aircraft and>flying. Project Opensky comes to mind. If that's all your>interested>in I wouldn't bother spending $20-$90 US on payware. Just look>at the>FSX aircraft in the file library.>>>>>CraigHi Craig, thanks for replying.As far as I know, the POSKY aircraft are not fully compatible with FSX and they do not have a VC - which is mandatory for me. So my mean concern about freeware aircraft are their lack of a VC.If anybody else has any recommendations on what I should buy, please let me know.

Guest DerMeister

Another regarding the Overland aircraft (both Airbus and Boeing pack):Do all the OverlandSim aircraft come with a VC or is it only a limited number? Because so far, I have only seen VC screenshots from the B747.

To my knowledge all have VC and 2D; however, not all switches are clickable in VC.Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Guest 499DRJustin

>Take a look at the Flight1/Coolsky MD-80. You can fly it>like the default airliners, and it even has automatic>configurations for every phase of flight, selectable with a>click of your mouse. And then when you're ready, it's complex>enough to fly completely "by the book". It can be as easy or>hard as you like.>>Jim>I'm looking at their Super80. God I hate being a passenger in that thing in real life...But by looking at their VC and 2d panel, it's just like the real thing. Thanks for the link, I'm looking for something like this to help me fly "by the book" slowly.

Guest DerMeister

>To my knowledge all have VC and 2D; however, not all switches>are clickable in VC.>>CarlSounds good. Which switches are controllable from the VC? Are all the autopilot functions? Because that is really the only thing that matters to me when flying.

I would recommend that you go to the Overland site and download their MD-11. It is freeware and should give you a good idea about the VC and 2D panels. Their planes are not the hard core but real easy to just get in and fly if that is what you are looking for.http://www.overland.co.jp/Carl

Carl