Sign in to follow this  
RobJC

What are your top 3 aircraft add-ons

I use these four in A Pilot's Life + Self Loading Cargo:

• PMDG 738
  • FBW A320NX
  • WT 787-X
  • AS CRJ 700

These are all fabulous, great performers and cover the types of routes I enjoy doing.  I enjoyed the lovely Cessna Longtiude and TBM before getting into using APL.  I have 1400 hours in APL over 828 flights.  I love it!

When I was about 8y/o my dad got his PPL which piqued my young interest in flying.  My first sim was a wooden saw horse w/ plywood on one side which we painted on avionics.  Me and my pal would pretend we were flying as you could sit with your legs under the sawhorse and be positioned just right for flying the simulator.  It's gotten a little more sophisticated since that first sim 😉

• Like 2

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

My current list of favorites out of the 55 payware aircraft in my hanger. 

1. A2A Comanche
  2. Redwing L-1049 Constellation
  3. PMDG DC-6

Runners up:

1. Flying Iron F6F Hellcat
  2. Aeroplane Heaven DC-3

Prior to the release of the Comanche, one of the runners up would have been in my top 3. 

17 hours ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

2. PMDG 777 (when available)

A plane that is months from release makes your "Top 3 addons in MSFS" ?

How is it?   Is the flight model any good?  😄

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

9 hours ago, JYW said:

A plane that is months from release makes your "Top 3 addons in MSFS" ?

How is it?   Is the flight model any good?  😄

Did you read my whole post? I said I fly the Maddog X now and have no top 3 picks and will fly the PMDG 777 (whatever version) when it releases. Learn comprehension before quoting someone. 

Edited by JBDB-MD80

53 minutes ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

Learn comprehension before quoting someone. 

No, this is a ridiculously silly comment to make and then to go on and be condescending about it is even worse. How can you say the PMDG777 is one of your favorite addons when it hasn’t even been released? Sure, we’re all looking forward to it, but it’s pretty obvious that OP was asking what are your favorite CURRENT addons. It’s downright obnoxious to name a product that hasn’t even been released yet. My favorite part is when you told someone to learn comprehension before quoting someone, yet — you literally can’t even follow the simple guidelines posed in the original question. “What’s your favorite addon? Oh, one that hasn’t even been released yet, keep up with the comprehension, bro”. Yikes, I’d be embarrassed if I were you. 

Edited by Bdub22
  • Like 5

Edit : delete post never mind.

Edited by JBDB-MD80

pmdg 738

top mach studios f-22

Indiafoxtecho f-35B (vtol)

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

My top 3:

-A2A Commanche

-A2A Commanche

-PMDG DC 6

😛

On 1/20/2024 at 9:43 AM, JBDB-MD80 said:

Did you read my whole post? I said I fly the Maddog X now and have no top 3 picks and will fly the PMDG 777 (whatever version) when it releases. Learn comprehension before quoting someone. 

You list three aircraft numerically – two yet to be released – in a topic about top-3 aircraft in the sim. I see you have edited your post, so my comment refers to what you have stated as at the time of this response. In light of that I'd say @JYW's response – made after you edited your reply, i.e. as it stands now – is perfectly reasonable, no?

Perhaps focus on your comprehension before ... blah, blah 🙃

• Like 1

I like almost all the aircraft, nine I guess so far, I bought. But I have to pick only three hey ? 

The A2A Comanche is the one which gives me, literally and figuratively  😀the best vibes.

I like the Milviz Porter for bush flying, not a bad simulation of the beta approach to dive into the narrow valleys of Papua.

And having a big prop in front of a big engine in front of an iconic bird makes the FI Spitfire a joy to fly.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam