Sign in to follow this  
victorwest2

Where are my fall trees?

After Acceleration install I have the same green trees in fall that I do in summer. Is this happening to anyone else? I know there are texture issues all over the place post Acceleration. Are the trees and the seasons one of them?Lee:-hmmm

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Now that you mention it, I believe you are correct. The colorful trees are gone in Acceleration. Anyone else?Phill

Flying the Trike out of Burlington International, Vermont, USA with a pre-beta build of SP2, I get the following forAugust http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/180548.jpgSeptember http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/180550.jpgOctober http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/180549.jpgI validated this in Accel as well.The fall colors are brief. Which matches what I see here in Puget Sound region as almost all trees have lost their leaves especially after the wind-storm we had over the weekend.Have you cycled through the months to verify?

Yep - that's what happened. It was the timeing of the change in colors. I got Acceleration a week or so after others and loaded just when the change was happening.Everything is good! :-roll Phill

Guest JimC1702

FSX is just about a month off here in upstate NY.In September we had green leaves but FSX had colored foliage.In October we had peak foliage color but FSX had bare trees.In November we had mostly bare trees but FSX had snow on the ground.We usually don't have snow on the ground until mid to late December.FSX is a month early in each change. Not to beat a dead horse, BUT the grass is STILL green here in real life and it will be until it's covered by snow. We would never see the ugly brown grass in FSX unless it was a severe drought in summertime.Jim

Guest tmilton

I don't think Acceleration altered the seasonal timings for the changing of tree textures. I frequently change the dates when using FSX, just to test how a location looks in the seasons of the year, and there seems to be no difference after I installed Acceleration.Just as a side note, I often choose fall as the season I fly in, just because I love the autumn colors of the trees in FSX. I think ACES did a great job in this department!

...and lets all realize that not ALL locations in the FS world will change colors.In some places, the bgl file that controls seasons will move a place directly from summer to mild winter!RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Ok, I am not an expert on foliage, but I have lived in Central Europe and the NE US and usually the tree leaves start to wear their fall dress in mid/late October, start falling last week of October and are bare by around mid/late November.(And, trust me, I know, because I have to suck up and mulch every single one in my yard. Horror!) ;)Pat

Guest jboweruk

Looking at the fall pics would I be right in thinking ACES have rectified the old fall 'desert' issue?

No-I don't think Acceleration changed anything. However,fsx does and has since rtm changed the leaves about 3 weeks earlier than fs9 did.There used to be a freeware program for fs9 that had more accurate patterns of change and times for the world-I wonder if it works in fsx.Interesting that here in Michigan the leaves usually start in mid September-peak in the 1st or second week of October. This year the real world was off by about 2-3 weeks- late-which means fsx was about 6 weeks off!http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpgForum Moderatorhttp://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

In Kentucky, it was one fast Fall according to FSX. However, in real world, 80% of our trees in Western KY still have leaves but are going fast. erv KSDF

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.

>No-I don't think Acceleration changed anything. However,fsx>does and has since rtm changed the leaves about 3 weeks>earlier than fs9 did.My seasons.bgl and worldlc.bgl files now have creation dates of around August 2007. As far as I remember, I haven't changed them manually or replaced them so maybe Acceleration has changed something perhaps.

> Flying the Trike out of Burlington International, Vermont, USAWatch out for that radio tower on the airport property! ;)-Greg

>In Kentucky, it was one fast Fall according to FSX. Scott Smart did nam_seasons (North America Seasons) bgl file that you can download, and it might do a better job.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB