Sign in to follow this  
Akila

LittleNavMap - Airport(s) Terminal?

does LittleNavMap has the ability to display the Airport Terminal(s) number/letter (e.g. Airport that has more then 1 terminal)?

Edited by Akila

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Sorry, no. This is scenery object information which LNM does not read.

But you can disable all the apron polygons and taxiways in options on page "Map Display Labels" and then use the OpenStreetMap which has such details for the bigger airports.

Alex

• Like 1

Just in case it helps, disabling "aprons" reveals loads of details with openstreetmaps and opentopo, keeping the parking spots

spacer.png

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, husker_dingo said:

Just in case it helps, disabling "aprons" reveals loads of details with openstreetmaps and opentopo, keeping the parking spots

If I remember well, the parking spots come from Navigraph database, that's why they are exactly displayed after switching to "Navigraph only" mode.

Regards,
Piotr

Never give up ...  - here are details of the whip-round: https://zrzutka.pl/en/pewr2d  -> to help my younger son fights against Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (blood cancer).

1 hour ago, ppgas said:

If I remember well, the parking spots come from Navigraph database, that's why they are exactly displayed after switching to "Navigraph only" mode.

it's not coming from the scenery scan done by LittleNavMap?

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

15 minutes ago, Akila said:

it's not coming from the scenery scan done by LittleNavMap?

No, AFAIK when you switch off the Simulator database in the LNM then the Navigraph database is used only.
In general LNM can work in 3 modes:
1) Navigraph data only - no simulator data, everything is taken from Navigraph database;
2) Navigraph and Simulator data - procedures are taken from Navigraph, airport data are taken from Simulator database (parking spots, runways, taxiways, etc);
3) Simulator data only - procedures and airport data are taken from simulator only.

My advice is not using automatic selection (point 9.9.2.1 in manual) but manually switch between them  in menu of Scenery Library -> see LNM manual point 9.9.2:
https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/littlenavmap/release/2.8/en/MENUS.html#navigraph

Regards,
Piotr

Edited by ppgas
  • Like 1

Never give up ...  - here are details of the whip-round: https://zrzutka.pl/en/pewr2d  -> to help my younger son fights against Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (blood cancer).

2 hours ago, ppgas said:

I don't use navigraph, just Simulator data and the parking spots and taxi ways are there. 

1 hour ago, ppgas said:

My advice is not using automatic selection (point 9.9.2.1 in manual) but manually switch between them  in menu of Scenery Library -> see LNM manual point 9.9.2:

Only if you know what you are doing. 😉
I added this for a purpose since I've got a lot of requests from users who switched the wrong setting and wondered about differences.

Alex

18 minutes ago, husker_dingo said:

I don't use navigraph, just Simulator data and the parking spots and taxi ways are there. 

LNM default  comes with free Navigraph AIRAC 1801 :), so in the LNM you can use the Navigraph options but the database is 6 years outdated now.

Regards,
Piotr

38 minutes ago, albar965 said:

Only if you know what you are doing. 😉
I added this for a purpose since I've got a lot of requests from users who switched the wrong setting and wondered about differences.

Alex

I've got an opposite personal experience, when I switch manually I know what I get  😛

Regards,
Piotr

Edited by ppgas

23 minutes ago, ppgas said:

I've got an opposite personal experience, when I switch manually I know what I get

You probably looked at the manual before clicking stuff.🙃

48 minutes ago, albar965 said:

You probably looked at the manual before clicking stuff.🙃

I usually work 😉 as typical sysadmin, so first click/do and when doesn't work - RTFM  ...  🙃

Regards,
Piotr

Just now, ppgas said:

I usually work 😉 as typical sysadmin, so first click/do and when doesn't work - RTFM  ... 

Good approach. Especially the second part.😁

Alex

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ppgas said:

LNM default  comes with free Navigraph AIRAC 1801 :), so in the LNM you can use the Navigraph options but the database is 6 years outdated now.

Regards,
Piotr

Yep. And I had a Navigraph subscription for some time, but since I fly mostly VFR in remote areas, sectionals are enough and I decided to let it go and pay for SayIntentions.ai instead 😅