Sign in to follow this  
Glynn

Question For Users of VoxATC-X Deluxe

Guest machammer

Considering the purchase of this product with Plantronics Audio 360 Headset. Can anyone who has this product tell me what they think. Any downside as far as FSX performance?Thanks in advance to all who reply.Regards.Bill

Guest stpierce

I have been using it for about a year now. I highly recommend it. It adds a lot of realism to FSX. Flying, responding to requests, dialing in freqs and staying on course takes concentration and this program is very good practice for the real world. The only downside I have noticed is that sometimes you will get a quick stutter or two when you are communicating, but this is very minor considering the immersion that the software delivers. Steve

The VOX ATC web site offers a free 7-day trial which I've been using. But it's lots more expensive to order from there than to order from here because of the exchange rate. So, I was going to try it for a few days, unload it, and order from an on-line store. I think it's available from the AVSIM store.I did like the program and the effect, but I don't think it will work for me since my wife and I share a computer room and she's on the phone a lot. Me babbling in the background won't help her but the program is a big leap in realism and very little if any hit of frame rates.

AMD 3800X, Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT, AS Rock X570 Phantom Gaming 4, 32mb 3600 ram

Bill,I've been using VoxATC since the initial release and I can tell you that the program is impressive. You'll also get first rate support from the developers.I use the software with the Plantronics SP500 headset and I've never had any problems. As for performance - as far as I can tell there is no (or very little) performance impact with VoxATC.My recommendation - go get it. You won't be sorry.Frank

I dunno, I went out and got a recommended plantronics headset, and then realized I needed a USB converter for it. A lot of money and it didn't end up being all that hot. I never use it now.I use my $30 Logitech headset all the time and it works just great for multiplayer. I'll tell you how it works with VOX-ATC next week.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

I'm in the same boat, will mostly likely get it from the site though depending on shipping costs.Which 2 ATT voices come with the Avsim Store version? I just bought the Crystal and Mike versions from nextup.com for 35.00 and adding that to the 51 dollars for VoxATC without voices from RC comes to about 86 bucks, close to the 74 they are selling it for at the AVsim store (plus shipping if any).I've been using the demo for a few days and love this for VFR, usually use Radar Contact for IFR or when my wife is home to avoid the whole straight jacket look she's been giving me whilst yapping to fictitious controllers.One thing I noticed is the Microsoft Anna voice that comes with Vista is very quiet compared to the other voices, so much so I can't use her, anyone else notice that? It's ashame, she's the most natural sounding voice I've ever heard for a computer.Anyway, great program that adds yet more immersion for the FS series, this with Track IR and the Twin Commanche and I'm have a very fun time with FSX.

I would think there would be. Might peruse the SDK and see if that is possible, otherwise the ATT voices are very well done as well I must admit. World of difference over the LH voices or the voices that came with XP.

I bought the program about a year ago-liked it-but have not used it much because of that same wifely "straight jacket look"-what a great term you came up with :-)I have always maintained that some Ga accidents can probably be attributed to the same (from both spouses).http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpgForum Moderatorhttp://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

. . . my w-wife th-th-thinks it m-m-makes me s-sound, l-like, intelligent.. :+ ..like a reel p-p-pilot.. sort of... 'specially when it - the cumputerater - t-talks back to m-me... hehe.. :+I l-like th-that Mary. . . :-badteeth

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I'm using a very cheap headset/boom (Cyber Acoustics) with VoxATC for FSX. I've had no problems with it and really enjoy the immersion. It is especially good for VFR flying which I do a lot of. Of course it also does fine for IFR.I bought the package with the 2 voices and then went to another site and bought 2 more 16 bit voices. Very nice.