Sign in to follow this  
scoob

OK I've had it with Wilco Citation X

Guest 499DRJustin

I paid for this after May or June or whenever. I don't need a service pack. I try to follow their manual/checklist to the T, and every single time, I get the right engine spooling up, then it just dies. It's so poorly written that I'm not sure when to refer to the checklist or their juvenile paragraphs.When I load to "ready to start" from the setup utility, I SHOULD just be able to hit ignition and start the engines. But they die after 20 seconds or so.When I load a flight on the ground, it's as if the plane has been dropped and pushed from 10 feet off the ground. I'm always in a rolling start, with alarms going off. I've gotta hit the breaks to avoid rolling into the side of the terminal.I got to their website, and yeah, the forums are not exactly placed in a way that you can see them easily. I spend an hour trying to figure out why a bunch of stickies are considered support for this. Then realize, I'm not looking in the "non-technical" forum that is "non product specific". Seems to me that everything in that forum is Technical and Product specific!!! I'm pointed to checklists for the real world Citation X. I'm pointed to checklists for a competitors Citation for FS9. I'm pointed to a poorly written checklist for FSX Citation X Wilco that doesn't work. I looked on AVSIM filelist. Checklists for FS9, Eaglesoft Citation X is NOT going to help me.For the love of God, if I can't get this thing started by the end of the weekend, I'm going to ask for a refund. What is going on here? Do I have a bug? Am I retarded? Could someone walk me through this? I will bake you a cake.

Short answer: it's a crappy product, as is most of Feelthere's stuff these days. Hard lesson to learn, but now you know.

- batteries on- APU master on- APU Start- After READY TO LOAD light APU generator on- APU bleed on- BUS1, BUS2 press to NORM- Avionics switch on- Fuel cutoff 2 on- RH Engine starter on- Fuel cutoff 1 on- ISO VALVE on- LH Engine starter onFYI: ISO VALVE is on the environmental panel.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Guest jboweruk

I don't know, I found their Airbus Series to be the best Airbus so far. At least the thing climbs to 20 odd thousand feet without bleeding off speed so badly it stalls, which most other Airbuses I've had seem to do. I spent a wonderful evening flying it to London City using FSPax, only to discover when I descended over Southend that I hadn't turned off the 'dangerous airports' feature in FSPax and promptly got the old love shot to bits from under me. That was when I fell in love with it, as the A318 I was flying behaved as I would have expected under the circumstances, one engine out and it was trying hard to yaw towards the dead engine, my flaps were down but no more use as the hydraulics were shot, thankfully my gear was down as well, and I landed safely, if only a few feet from a dark and cold looking docks area. So I think saying all Feelthere's recent releases are crap is a little harsh. I am only waiting for AB series 2 to come out on CD/DVD before I purchase it, as I try to avoid downloads anymore, too many crashed and computer problems taught me the hard way it's a lot less hassle with a cd in the drive.

Guest 499DRJustin

>- batteries on>- APU master on>- APU Start>- After READY TO LOAD light APU generator on>- APU bleed on>- BUS1, BUS2 press to NORM>- Avionics switch on>- Fuel cutoff 2 on>- RH Engine starter on>- Fuel cutoff 1 on>- ISO VALVE on>- LH Engine starter on>>>FYI: ISO VALVE is on the environmental panel.>>>--I managed to find that exact checklist from the non-technical non product specific forums in the thread that listed technical topics about a specific aircraft (CitationX). It worked.It's not a good thing that I have to resort to a semi-hidden forum to find that correct startup procedure. If that is the way all their manuals are written, then I'm not buying their stuff again. I get better instructions with free add-ons. Hey Wilco, update your manual. Startup procedure doesn't work on the manual you are including with Citation X as of last week.Who is Roger and why should I wait for him? A newer Citation X?Basically I'm looking to buy 3 payware aircraft. One small GA prop. One business jet, and one heavy. I'm torn between PMDG 747X and LevelD 767 on that one.Live and learn I guess. Thanks guys, you're the best!

It amazes me how difficult some developers make getting support and help. If it's not easy it tells me they really don't care.If they don't have a descend forum, then I don't buy their products.

Guest 499DRJustin

>It amazes me how difficult some developers make getting>support and help. If it's not easy it tells me they really>don't care.>>If they don't have a descend forum, then I don't buy their>products.I love this gem"For download products, we are unable to refund if you find the product too complicated or unsuitable for your personal use."Maybe this is the American in me coming out, but for most if not all retail stores here, you don't need a reason at all to return a product. Most vendors will happily return and say "We're sorry you didn't like our product, we hope you'll do business with us again!" I bought FS2Crew Gold pack under the assumption that the add-on planes were included. I posted my concern under their Avsim forum. I got an explanation, and an offer for a refund, which I accepted. It was processed the following day. You can guarantee when I decide which heavy to go with LevelD or PMDG, I'll be purchasing their product.It's really awesome that in Wilco's forums users are having to resort to competitors manuals/checklists to get it flying. Sure you can ctrl-e, but I didn't pay $45 for that. Has anyone ever gotten a refund from them? I can't find my spawning issue in any of their forums, and I registered with their forums 2 days ago so I could post it, but i still haven't received a confirmation email. My spawning issue-when I load a flight where I start on the ground, it's as if my plane was dropped from 5 feet in the air and pushed forward at about the same speed as a brisk walk would take you. Alarms are screaming and I'm slowly pushing into the terminal. I have to pushback to get back to the default parking spot. What is up with that?

if you do not receive the confirmation email try these in order -1) try FT support forum login with id and password you created (yes, even though you didn't receive the confirmation email).2) send an email to support{at}feelthere.com with the following information: *your product's serial number *your registered username *your estimated date of registration3) send me a private message.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

HEY! My name is Roger!Tongue in cheek and I am just joking with you. I haven't made a reply yet to your post and don't really know to what or to whom you are referring.However, concerning waiting for "A newer Citation X" (and I don't know who "him" is either), the newer Citation X in my book will be the Eaglesoft Version 2 unit (and I still love the version 1 unit even in FSX, although it doesn't have a fully workable FMC). IMHO their products are great along with very courteous and prompt support, and so far at least pretty reasonable prices.Concerning Feelthere and Wilco, I don't know what your chances are for getting a refund. The Eaglesoft unit I am assuming will be distributed through FlightOne like their prior units where you can get a no questions asked refund within thirty days (although I have never purchased anything through that site that I wanted to return, and there have been many.)Good luck, and I understand your frustration and pain. One would think it would not be such a big thing to print a manual that made sense, but some of them seem to be written by Aliens (like ET, I don't mean any ethnic group so don't anybody get offended).Respectfully:RTH

I spent a wonderful>evening flying it to London City using FSPax, Now come on John, you know that the only jet allowed into London City is the BAE146!Naughty eh? lol ;-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

Sorry, thats the regulation, I didn't make them.It's all about the steep approach angle required. ;-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

Yes, I believe the baby bus was recently certified for revenue flights at LCY...with special aircrew and aircraft certification requirements.:-)

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply