Sign in to follow this  
beatle

SP2: Sound and Voice

Guest Daniel42

I assume this is part of SP2: After installing Acceleration I can set separate sound devices for sounds and for voice.I used to do this from Windows itself, using the onboard card for sound and my USB headset for voice. And it worked fine.Now that I set it from inside FSX... it's not so fine. While 'voice' still comes out of the headset, so do APU startup sounds, warnings, ...I haven't yet tried what happens when I set both to my onboard device in FSX and then split the two in Windows. I'm afraid FSX will just overrule the windows settings now.Daniel

If you set both options to the "Default" value (something like System Default, basically the one thats not a specific sound device) on an XP system, it should continue to do what it was doing. The new combo boxes are mostly for Vista users, where the ability to set seperate sound and voice devices is no longer available in the sound control panel applet.

Bump....I too am having simular problems...but to take it one step forward, if i disable all sounds except voice and cockpit, i still hear engine and environment sounds while in free flight using the default Learjet. When i switch to gamespy online, everything works as expected...only voice and cockpit sounds...no engine or environment????