Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

iFly 747 & fps

Has anyone found a way of improving the frame rates with this a/c? At HKKK (payware, detailed airport) just now & AS6 showing quite heavy cloud coverage (so quite a few resources needed) I managed a pathetic 4.5fps in cockpit view at take-off. Same setup but with a PMDG 737-900 I get 21 fps.It is a shame that this otherwise great a/c produces such lousy frame rates, especially in cockpit view. I have tried resizing the ifly747_Panel bitmaps up from 1x1 pixel, as indicated in another post here in the forums, but nothing really seems to help. I have the latest FS9 service pack installed, which I had hoped would address this issue.Maybe someone has some further advice (preferably short of dumping the iFly a/c and getting PMDG's offering - I've put dozens and dozens of hours into repaints for the iFly a/c!! And in all other respects it leaves nothing to be desired)?Thanks,Martin

Question number one: Are you talking about the FS9 version, or FSX version of the aircraft?Question number two: Have you tried it without SP2 in FSX, and did you get the same disappointing results?Good luck:RTH

Hi. FS9. I should have posted to the FS9 forum - but I posted where most of the iFly threads were!M. :-)

ummmm.Amazing that you have been ignored (or I probably misunderstand).There is an FSX version with no significant problems to my knowledge. If per chance you are trying to make the FS9 version work in FSX, download the FSX version.Good luck with whatever path you follow:RTH

No, I am trying to make the FS9 version work in FS9! :-) Maybe the panel bitmaps in the FSX version will work in FS9. Worth a try maybe.M