Sign in to follow this  
lensman

Questions about iFly 747 - where should I post?

Hi all,Is there a forum somewhere to post questions about using the iFly 747 for FSX? I have a number of consistent problems with the aitcraft. I have completely uninsralled, cleaned the registry, and reinstalled, multiple times. The problems are always consistent. No LNAV, no VNAV, MCP is froxen (no way to change alt, heading, and so on.. Finally, it never picks up the FSX flightplan into the FMC.So, does anyone know where I can post iFly questions?Thanks,lensmanp.s. yes, I do follow the checklists...

Evidently no one knows or there's not one. I've seen postings on iFly B747 in various forums but not a dedicated one. I'm having the same issues you mentioned. It would be great to have a solution since this B747 rendition has lots of potential. Dave Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Guest SkullxBones

Are you on an intercept course when you try to get the Lnav and Vnav to work?. You have to create your own flight plan in the FMC, then save it for future use. The IFLY flight plans are a different format than standard FSX flightplan.Try this one. Attached is is my plight plan for IFLY from Los Angeles to Las Vegas. Unzip it and put it in your Flight Simulator XiFly747-400navdataFLTPLAN directory. Type in KLAXKLAS in the CO ROUTE in the FMC to load it.

>Are you on an intercept course when you try to get the Lnav>and Vnav to work?. Hmmm. Very good question. Most often I'm not for LNAV. Shouldn'tVNAV be independent of the entered course? I've read that sectionof the manual multiple times and it still is not clear to me howand/or when LNAV & VNAV are interrelated.>You have to create your own flight plan in the FMC, then save>it for future use. The IFLY flight plans are a different>format than standard FSX flightplan.Ooops. I will double-check this. I have so many differentverisons of an FMC (iFly, PMDG, FriendlyPanels, Abacus) thatI don't remember what I did with the iFly FMC. >Try this one. Attached is is my plight plan for IFLY from Los>Angeles to Las Vegas. Unzip it and put it in your Flight>Simulator XiFly747-400navdataFLTPLAN directory. Type in>KLAXKLAS in the CO ROUTE in the FMC to load it. Thank you *very* much. I'll give it a try now, if the cat willlet me have the chair & the AV8R joystick. (Paw on toggles,head on paw, back of head against joystick. It's warm theresince he's on top of the power supply)More in a bit -dan "lensman" davison

Skillxbones,Thank you for the reply. Do you know why the CDU message about insufficient fuel and something about unoptimal altitude when I'm sure there's plenty of fuel and the altitude is reasonable? Also, why can't one can't adjust heading nor speed before the engines start? I have SP3 installed. Regards,Dave Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

> Do you know why the CDU message about insufficient > fuel The message appears because the "perf init" and "thrust lim"calculations are not yet completed. I've tried a couple differentstartup sequences this morning, but always get that message.> and something about unoptimal altitude It's not that the altitude is unreasonable, it's thatwith the current parameters the FMC thinks it can't makethe climb. There's a short sentence about it in the iFlysection on the FMC, but you can safely ignore it, or increasethe programmed airspeed.> Also, why can't one can't adjust heading nor>speed before the engines start? I can adjust heading and speed before the engines arestarted, but not before the FMC is completely programmed.Once the PFD and ND are on and correct, I can change valueson the MCP. Now - something completely different - does anyone have the"virtual cabin"? None of the versions installed havevirtual cabins. The door to the cockpit doesn't even open(a la PMDG's 747X) to let one see into the virtual cabin.dan

Hi,> Also, why can't one can't adjust heading nor>speed before the engines start? Tested this more yesterday, and you're right. The MCP does notrespond if- the electrical bus is on battery, APU pwr, or Ext pwr- the pneumatic bus is on- the hydraulic bus is on- and the fuel pumps are on- the ignition switches are on - but the fuel switches on the throttle are off. This appears to be contrary to both (very old) Boeing documentationand the B737 "Cockpit Panel Notes" by Bill Bulfer (out of print,my edition [14th printing] published 2000 by Leading EdgeLibriaries. Both imply once the power is on, the MCP and the FMCshould both workDo you have the F/D, A/P, and A/T switches on with the FMC POS INIT,PERF INIT, and first page of RTE filled in?Happy new year all,dan

Who was that masked man? As he rides into the sunset. Thank you Tom. Now I owe you a steak. Next time I'm in VA. Been in Baghdad for a year, almost done. Col Dave Vega, USAF

dv

Dave, next time you are in VA, I will buy you the steak and some liquid solutions to removing all that sand and dust! In the meantime, keep you head down guy!