Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

PMDG hints a totally new aircraft on roadmap, what is it?

Guys, it's going to be Air Combat related... That's my best guess....

Or.... maybe something mission-oriented, like Aerial Firefighting maybe ?

Just imagine building the firefighting version of the 744, or even a Canadair ?

Unless.... they decided to immerge and are going to give the seas and the underwaters a go ?  Hmmmm a Nuclear Submarine for MFS ?

UFOs ? Why not ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

50 minutes ago, History said:

A340 😄

To be honest, an A340 or A220 would make some sense, because I don't think any other high fidelity 3rd party commercial developer is doing one in MSFS.  Synaptic Simulations is making the A220 for MSFS but they are all volunteers so it will take them a very long time to do something of PMDG fidelity. LatinVFR is doing the A340 for MSFS but I doubt it will come close to PMDG fidelity either.

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I guess it is a Boeing 757 - it was "teased" in a PMDG interview a while back (on the background there was a 757 model I think) and it was told that PMDG had a new project for P3D that had to be put in the back while MSFS was a priority. If it is a 757 it will be an interesting battle against bluebird

• Like 1

It's probably something as boring as their tablet. Wishing for a 757 or 767 here but... lol good luck.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Why nobody cares about 737CL? Only two people expressed their wish for the CL in this thread... That is a great line of planes 737-300-400-500...

But 737CL has been cursed since FS2004... Only Wilco had a project but there were several projects after which passed away shortly... 

Will the day come when we see 737CL in the sim? Pitty that there are not much simmers who like the CL, don;t know why....

Intel i9-13900K, GIGABYTE GAMING Z790, GeForce RTX4080, 32GB

Obviously a KC 135 to refuel Milviz SR-71.  

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Well, Mathijs said on the PMDG forum : "It's not a new product but a product LINE"

Could be similar to what Blackbird is doing with its Shrike division, less complex addons, faster to produce and sold at a cheaper price point.

2 minutes ago, bendead said:

Well, Mathijs said on the PMDG forum : "It's not a new product but a product LINE"

Could be similar to what Blackbird is doing with its Shrike division, less complex addons, faster to produce and sold at a cheaper price point.

OMG 😕 

PMDG-LIGHT ???? 

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Mathijs may have said that, but the 737NG variants are also referred to as a product line. Maybe the "line" part indicates that they are developing the 757 and 767 (because of the commonality between the two types)?

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

787 8-9-10

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

If not a 787 I would love to see a long range Business Jet that is not a 737 or a 787. Something like a Global Express, Falcon or Gulfstream etc. but I know some of these companies are not very fond of flightsim development.

On 1/29/2024 at 3:27 PM, Bdub22 said:

I’ll wager a friendly bet it’s not a 787. Most of the XBOX folks are happy with their Working Title / Asobo 787. Also, Coc, sorry Kok said it was an entirely new line. It could be anything, but why would PMDG throw a ton of money at a 787 when WT/AS has already given a large portion of the market a viable 787?

Yeah, I don't think it's the 787 either. I mean, there is a bit of a market for people who want a higher fidelity 787 than the Working Title one, but PMDG would lose a lot of sales to those that are satisfied with the Working Title 787 and the various mods for it (ie. Horizon 787).

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

On 1/28/2024 at 1:58 PM, jcomm said:

Probably Robert's private jet.

I certainly hope not.