Sign in to follow this  
fbass

FSX and GoFlight Software

I was wondering if there were any folks out there having problems with the new GoFlight configuration software and FSX? The databridge software refuses to load so you can't use your hardware. The offending software files start with GFDev*.* in the GoFlight folder.As a workaround, I deleted these files and copied into the folder an older version of the databridge files. Thus far, I've had no problems.fbPS I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong place. This seems to be a software issue and not hardware.

Hey FB!For what is worth, the latest version of the software runs well and loads well on my setup, but after I updated to the latest version, every time I close FSX (the program itself), I get a Windows error. Since the error only occurs when I exit and does not interefere with my use of FSX or anything else, I haven't had much heartburn about it, but something is definitely corky about that last GF update.Hope this helps!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Dennis,Thanks for your response. Are you running XP or Vista. The OS I'm using is Vista so maybe the new update has some kind of problem running under Vista.fb

I just got the goflight lgt (used). I am running on vista 32 and not having any trouble-though I had to manually move the dll files into the fsx/accel/modules folder to get it to work.I have two questions:1) I get the warning on startup "do I want to load goflight...." etc. I see it is listed in the "trusted" part of fsx.cfg-however I get the warning box on every fsx start-anyone know how to get rid of the warning box ?2) I love the unit-but the flaps switch is either bum (from being used?) or is just not very strong/stable. Does anyone have knowledge of how to replace this switch with something a little more substantial?Thanks!http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Hi Geofa,Question 1/Find your Application dataMicrosoftFSXEXE>XMLChange the words True to false.. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" ?> - LaunchEXE.xmlFalseFalse - FalseGoFlight Hardware InterfaceC:FSX Flight ProgrammesGoFlightGFDevFSX.exeShould look like this.CheersTrevor

Trevor Golding

Hi GeofaI had this "databridge" issue on FSX start-up but in my case it was due the fact that I had 2 installations of GFConfig.exe because I run both FS9 and FSX (separate drives under WINXP) and the error usually followed a session with FS9. I got around it by starting the "FSX" GFConfig.exe and choosing my specific fsx.gfc file before starting FSX. Peter Hayes

Guest RichardL

Hi Geofa,I just replaced the flap switch on my GF-LGT. I accidently kicked it while climbing into the sim.I called GF and they mailed me another toggle switch. While waiting for it to arrive, I replaced the damaged one with a non-spring loaded 3-way toggle. It worked but I had to make sure the paddle was in the middle, OFF position.I agree that a bigger/strudier one would be an improvement. Any three-way toggle switch will work. Just make sure it's spring loaded to center (OFF). You might find one at Mouser.com.Regards,Richard

>2) I love the unit-but the flaps switch is either bum (from>being used?) or is just not very strong/stable. Does anyone>have knowledge of how to replace this switch with something a>little more substantial?Not sure if you have one of these outlets near you Geoff, but this should do the trick for you.http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.js...rentPage=family

Guest gb anon

Using XP and GoFlight 1.77 I get the "databridge" error every timeI close FSX.gb.

Here I am having issues with the GF throttle quadrant.I installed the Gf software ( 1.77 ) as administrator and it seems to work fine with buttons and switches.When shutting down FSX sometimes the GF software does not shut down.When restarting FSX I get the bridge error message, but that one can be closed and the software continues to "work".If anyone know how to get the default 747 work with the tq6 I really would like to know.If I do not assign throttles in the Gf software they do not work in FSX at all.So I assingned them and also in FSX.In FSUIPC I calibraetd them and manually set those values for all 4 levers the same in the FSUIC ini file.The thrust levers are a phaenomenon by them selves :- assigning them alone in the GF software and not FSX makes them go up and down independently and they won't stop- assigning them not in the gf software but in FSUIPC and they do not reactThe spoiler goes up and down twice when it should be going just one way. The flaps lever I did not even start with.In Fs2004 I had it working.Everything assigned through the GF software and then calibrated through FSUIPC.The flaps lever only through FSUIPC.If anyone knows how to solve this I am anxious to know. Normally the GF software should manage it all without tweaking etc.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0