Sign in to follow this  
Jarnie

Are there any pushback 'tools' which allow forward movement

I have created scenery to emulate a real life water airport where aircraft (in real life) are parked in one particular direction (next to the dock) and to taxi to the (water) runway need to do a 180 degree turn after departing the dock and there is a pier opposite the dock and the very poor turning circle of the DHC2 Beaver prevents a 180 degree turn without touching the pier opposite.

I imagine perhaps in real life a dock hand might manually push the front of the float away from the dock so that the floatplane is then angled away from the dock before the engine is started.

I am wondering if there is a pushback 'tool' which allows the aircraft to be pulled forward and to (say the right) rather than being pushed backwards.

I hope that I have made myself clear if not please ask for more information.

Thanks

John

• Upvote 1

John

Gigabyte Z390, I7 9700K, 16Gb, RTX2060, Gigabyte 32" monitor

You are now in the proper forum for questions.

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

1 hour ago, Jarnie said:

I have created scenery to emulate a real life water airport where aircraft (in real life) are parked in one particular direction (next to the dock) and to taxi to the (water) runway need to do a 180 degree turn after departing the dock and there is a pier opposite the dock and the very poor turning circle of the DHC2 Beaver prevents a 180 degree turn without touching the pier opposite.

I imagine perhaps in real life a dock hand might manually push the front of the float away from the dock so that the floatplane is then angled away from the dock before the engine is started.

I am wondering if there is a pushback 'tool' which allows the aircraft to be pulled forward and to (say the right) rather than being pushed backwards.

I hope that I have made myself clear if not please ask for more information.

Thanks

John

I believe GSX now allows for forward towing. I don't know what it would do with a Beaver.

• Like 1

NAX669.png

Thanks for your quick replies.

I didn't realise that I posted to the 'wrong forum' sorry. I thought if I chose MSFS Tips etc. Maybe that means it's a place to find tips not ask for them.

GSX costs me AUD55 (about $US30) and if it doesn't work with floatplanes I have wasted that much.

I will download the toolbar-pushback and see what it does.

Edited by Jarnie
typo
  • Like 1

John

Gigabyte Z390, I7 9700K, 16Gb, RTX2060, Gigabyte 32" monitor

You’re right about the dockhand (or pilot if you don’t have one) just spinning the plane off the dock if it’s tight.  Might want to just slew it 90 degrees and start the engine. 

source: me, 2000 hours on floats.  

13 hours ago, Twenty6 said:

https://flightsim.to/file/15033/toolbar-pushback

might be what you're looking for. You can go forward and backward manually or by plotting out a route, turning this way and that way.

8 hours ago, Konterhalbe said:

Works like a charm for me!

I second those recommendations. Having pushback underway (and with a planned route) allows you to do your pre-taxi operations in a more real world way (says the guy who rarely actually does everything by the book😉  ).

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

9 hours ago, willy647 said:

15 hours ago, Twenty6 said:

might be what you're looking for. You can go forward and backward manually or by plotting out a route, turning this way and that way.

I thought one of these had a memory leak or something? Am I incorrect? Thats why I stayed away from them but would be happy to be wrong (in this case only). 

• Like 2

Eric 

19 hours ago, Twenty6 said:

I second the opinion and to me is the best pushback (and forward 😆) tool available.

This tool will have a payware version with new capabilities that is under testing at the moment and will be released soon (Aerosoft site).

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

12 minutes ago, edpatino said:

I second the opinion and to me is the best pushback (and forward 😆) tool available.

This tool will have a payware version with new capabilities that is under testing at the moment and will be released soon (Aerosoft site).

I bought the FS 2Crew pushback, and never use it. The Toolbar pushback works so much better. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I bought the FS 2Crew pushback, and never use it

Exactly the same here. It's currently stored in my unused addons folder.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

5 hours ago, B777ER said:

I thought one of these had a memory leak or something?

Never heard of that. I've used it since it first came out. It's a small utility that just works.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

That was the Toolbar Pushback Tool.  I have used the other, Pushback Helper since the early days of MSFS.  External App, open when you need the tug, push, pull etc.  Then close when you're done- clean and neat.  I have GSX, but usually default to this instead... easy and quick.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper