Sign in to follow this  
MiteyMT

What does ACES recommend for EH-101 engine surging?

Guest Calb

I'm not quite sure what you mean or want.The PFD gauge used in the minipanel is the exact same one used in the VC, just larger. I know of no way to "overlay" the VC with something like the minipanel.Maybe a gauge or panel designer has some words of wisdom.Cal - CYXX

Horst's reply is rather cryptic, but I think the information is all there for how to do this. To clarify, yes, you should be able to add popup gauges that are accessible in the VC. I've done lots of them in other airplanes. I think what Horst meant to say was this:"Back up your panel.cfg file, then open it in Notepad and add the following lines to the top of the file. Make sure to add the square brackets (which don't show up in this forum in normal mode), to the titles of each panel section."There are three sections to the file -1. The window titles at the top2. The 2D panels (the popup gauges in this case)3. The VC panel.Make the edits appropriately. I'll post the complete file below (hope that's ok). Just copy and paste the contents of the following message into a text file using notepad or wordpad (if you use wordpad, make sure to use Edit/Paste Special/Unformatted text, or it will screw up), rename it panel.cfg and put it in FSXSimObjectsRotorcraftEH101Panel after you've backed up the original version.I haven't tried this myself yet, but I assume Horst has and what he posted is correct.To access the popup gauges, use Shift+1, Shift+2, etc.Thank you Horst. Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

// EH101[Window Titles]Window00=PFDWindow01=MFDWindow02=GPSWindow03=Minipanel//--------------------------------------------------------[Window00]Background_color=0,0,0 size_mm=456,378position=6visible=1ident=MAIN_PANELwindow_size=0.4,0.4alpha_blend=0.7gauge00=EH101!EH101_MFD,0,0,456,378, PFD//--------------------------------------------------------[Window01]Background_color=0,0,0 size_mm=456,378position=8visible=1ident=MINI_CONTROLS_PANELwindow_size=0.4,0.4alpha_blend=0.7gauge00=EH101!EH101_MFD,0,0,456,378, MFD//--------------------------------------------------------[Window02]Background_color=0,0,0 size_mm=456,378position=8visible=0ident=GPS_PANELwindow_size=0.5gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500, 0,0//--------------------------------------------------------[Window03]Background_color=0,0,0 size_mm=456,378position=7visible=1ident=MINIPANELwindow_size=0.4,0.4alpha_blend=0.7gauge00=EH101!EH101_MFD,0,0,456,378, PFD[Vcockpit01]Background_color=0,0,0 size_mm=1024,1024visible=1pixel_size=1024,1024texture=$EH101_01gauge00=EH101!EH101_MFD,6,7,280,230, PFDgauge01=EH101!EH101_MFD,293,7,280,230, MFDgauge02=EH101!EH101_EICAS,6,243,350,256, LEFTgauge03=EH101!EH101_EICAS,6,507,350,256, RIGHTgauge04=EH101!EH101_DEFIG,361,243,210,115gauge05=EH101_map!radio,588,335,190,240 gauge06=EH101_map!radio,805,335,190,240gauge07=eh101_map!eh101_map,579,7,425,320

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Here's what it looks like with the two popup gauges on. The gauges will sit there as you swivel your head around. I didn't test it with trackIR yet, but it should work. I'm going to play with the size later as these seem a little big to me. Plus they are a little stretched because I use a widescreen monitor at 1900 x 1200 (this image is reduced in size). I'll have to fix that.The Minipanel can be edited, too, to change the available gauges and their sizes, if anyone would like that done. I like the transparency of the gauges.I think I'll try to figure out how to add a view to a gauge, too, so I can add another gauge like MiteyMT suggested with a view looking out over the edge of the door from the hoist.http://www.flyingscool.com/files/images/EH101Popups.pngThomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Guest Gunner_CAF

Just what I have been looking for! Thanks!!Gunner

Guest sleat

Hi,Try this value for the governor:governor_pid = 0.5,1,400,0.01,0.01Works great for me. Missions are much easier.My results: Hunting reduced to a very tiny value, unlike the other recommended set, which I tried. This other one in the post still oscillates.With the good one at the top, throttle-indicators on the MFD never go to zero once it stabilizes with rotor RPM at 100% This is good, as it means the governor controller circuit is doing its job. Pulling sensible amounts of collective bring an almost instant throttle response to provide more torque to the rotor, also good. Reducing the collective reduces the power the engines are generating sensibly as well. I have not been able to make this one oscillate more than a few points up and down, further loop tuning might elimnate even that. The period of the miniscule oscillation is 2 seconds by about 1%. This is what I remember from working on the AH-1S cobra gunships in the 80's, which had a governor on the engine.Whilst I didn't test this value I came up with over the full weight and altitude regime, it does respond well to impulse inputs. Bump the collective suddenly up 30% and just leave it there, and the throttle will trundle up and stabilize near an optimal value. It is possible to ham-fist the collective up and kill your rotor RPM, which depending on the design of the system, might be realistic. Otherwise, maybe the torque an horsepower need to be set higher, or this one:collective_on_rotor_torque_scalar = 0.6Which on mine is set to the sensible (to me) value of 1.0.The other numbers suggested in other posts don't help my governor much.My HP is also set to values according to data from the actual helo.rated_shaft_hp = 2312A question for ACES, if you have a helo with three engines and the rated HP is X, is the total HP 3X or do you need to multiply that yourself to put it into aircraft.cfg?IE, the engines have 2312 each, would one not set the single parameter to 6936?Cheers,Joe

Guest Lith1um

>In my opinion, the here are the real problems with it's flight>dynamics.>>When power is removed it becomes hard to change pitch. I>should be able to dump the collective and nose the aircraft>over, and I can't very well.>>The anti-torque pedals seem much to related to the power>setting. In other words, I should be able to move the nose>around at low or no power settings, and also at high power>settings without any real change to it's responsiveness as>long as I am not pulling more power than it's got. Seems to>have no tail rotor authority at low power settings, and too>much at high, but only in one direction.>>Overall, it flies like a quirky piece of crapI agree, it flies like a funky piece of crap. I said as much a few weeks ago, but I was met with much dissagreement.For me the worst thing is the tail rotor authority, followed closely by the lack of attitude control when power is removed. I really enjoy flying the eh101, and I enjoy the missions. But the entire time I'm reminded that I'm fighting a funky flight model. Sure I can control it, but it doesn't feel right. I don't think aces should have released it in this condition, I expect a higher standard from a microsoft product. I hope that during the development of future FS products enough time is allowed to make everything proper. As it is now the EH101 fits into FSX gaming more than it fits into FSX simming.Imo, the best FSX helo is the 412 at Hovercontrol.