Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheAmbler

Acceleration - total crash

Guest TheAmbler

HiInstalled Acceleration, opened FSX, said yes to the key mapping question. Got the first screen about the new features, closed it, FSX just disappeared. No BSOD, no error messages nothing. No sign of fsx in the task manager.Now when I open FSX it does the same during the splash screen before making it to the main screen. I've got nothing to work with here, so am at a loss. Uninstalling Acceleration returns FSX to normal. Any help gratefully received. Dell Dimension 9200 Core2Duo 6700, 2g ram. NVIDIA 7900GS driver 8.4.4.0 Resolution 1680 x 1050(I have had problems getting the right resolution for my Dell widescreen monitor when trying to update the drivers, therefore have stayed with those supplied by Dell)Windows XP Media Centre SP2FSX SP1. Echo Mia, SigmaTel soundcardsTrack IR 4CH Yoke, MS Sidewinder 2Addons: Instant Scenery, AFX, FEX.

Guest n99wb

Deleting your saved flights might help.

Have you tried disabling Instant Scenery and AFX and/or applying the latest patches for them? They need updates so they do not crash when used with Acceleration.Jeff

AVSimSig.jpg

Guest TheAmbler

Many thanks for the help. I tried all these suggestions and something worked which got Acceleration up and running. But I still have problems. The following will load and run normally:Reno Air racing missionsRed Bull missionsNormal free flight with anything but the F18 and the new helicopterSometimes I can get a free flight to run with the jet and heli, but the missions involving these aircraft always fail to load. FSX crashes to desktop just as the progress bar reaches 100% -- the screen is black at this point. Again, any help gratefully received.

ok, make sure everything is up to date : - latest fsuipc.dll installed ?- go to microsoft website and install the latest directX end user runtime here : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/Search....?displaylang=en- drivers etc up to date (of course)Is your FSX a clean install or do you have add ons ?Some add ons have released patches.Jan

Guest TheAmbler

Yes as per my specification in post #1:Instant SceneryAirport Facilitator XFlight Environment XAll updated I confess I haven't checked FSUIPCDirect X sounds a possible update -- but wouldn't Acceleration do that itself?Video drivers are a problem. I have a Dell 2007WFP 1280x1050 widescreen monitor. So far I have only found the Dell-released 8.4.4.0 drivers have this resolution, and therefore have never found a way to update.

TheAmbler,When you say Dell-Released drivers, are you talking about for your Monitor or Video Card? Iv'e had to removed Acceleration and go back to sp1 due to the fact that my 7950GT doesn't work at all, despite my attempt at trying 12 different drivers, includeing the latest betas 169.xx....but I've never thought about updating Monitor drivers....would that make any differance on the CTDs?

Guest TheAmbler

Hi Video card. 7900GS. Sounds like we're in a similar position. Even FSX without Accel is jumpy -- doesn't really work with my second monitor, sometimes minimises, loses focus and pauses etc. Framerates are good though on my Dell 9200.I did a load of searching for ways to update the driver, and found nothing that worked. The problem is that none of the NVIDIA updates seem to have the 1680x1050 resolution and anything else looks crap. Not sure the lack of a particular resolution will be resolved by updating the monitor driver, but I'm not what driver I've got at the moment so will take a look at it