Sign in to follow this  
Guest JimC1702

Acceleration success story

Guest JimC1702

I've been holding onto Acceleration for over 2 weeks reading all the posts here and on other forums. I was really hesitant to install it as FSX was running pretty well and I have several add-ons installed.Well, tonight I decided to bite the bullet and install it. I set a restore point just in case, turned off my anti-virus and firewall and ler 'er rip.It installed and activated with no problems. Then I ran the UTX patch. FSX fired right up and I took a flight in the new heli from my default airport. No obvious problems. I run in full screen and I hit ALT to bring up the menu and tried selecting menu items. No problem. Anti-alias APPEARS to be working.Then I switched to the Carrier Tutorial mission. All worked well except me as I proceeded to dump a Hornet into the ocean. :)I haven't tried my add-on planes yet but (knocking on wood) so far everthing seems ok.I'm running an ancient P4 2.6 ghz with 2 gb of RAM, a 7600GT video card, and 22" widescreen LCD. I have the lastest DirectX 9.0c installed and the latest official nvidia drivers.Jim

Just beware you will probably have texture issues with some of your FS9 Era Aircraft. Aces is backing off of backward compatibility and this is the first step in that direction. I have too many aircraft affected (Overland Airbus, and Boeing collections to be bothered fixing right now, so I've uninstalled Acceleration for now!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest JimC1702

Dave,The UTX patch is the patch for Ultimate Terrain X for SP2 (Acceleration). Tom,So far the only add-on plane I've flown is the Eaglesoft Twin Comanche which works fine. I haven't yet tried any of the ported FS9 planes from Carenado or FSD. I'll be giving them a try this weekend.By the way, I meant to mention in the previous post that flights load much quicker with Acceleration than they did previously.Jim

Jim,I'm jelouse that is for sure. I'm still having serious issues (ctd) when using SP2....I'm really hopeing Nvidia/Ms comes up with a fix so I'm not forced to use Full Screen mode and have no optoins due to not being able to use the Alt function to bring down the menues.Congrats!Ken

>Dave,>>The UTX patch is the patch for Ultimate Terrain X for SP2>(Acceleration). >>Tom,>>So far the only add-on plane I've flown is the Eaglesoft Twin>Comanche which works fine. I haven't yet tried any of the>ported FS9 planes from Carenado or FSD. I'll be giving them a>try this weekend.>>By the way, I meant to mention in the previous post that>flights load much quicker with Acceleration than they did>previously.>>Jim>Many thanks for your most welcomed reply Jim,The UTX patch looks like a good investment and I'm delighted to see that you are very happy with the Eaglesoft Twin Comanche. I have downloaded the very same but hit a snag that maybe you could clarify for me. Attached is a copy of an e-mail I have sent to Eaglesoft but is un-answered as yet, probably because of the time difference between Australia and USA and of course, it is the week-end too.

Guest JimC1702

Dave,You'll be able to install the Twin Comanche with no problem. My FSX is on my E: drive. The installer will find your FSX installation automatically and install in the proper location. I'm not sure why they worded it that way, it had me a little concerned at first too.It's one of the best GA planes available for FSX and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.So far this morning I've tried the FSD Saratoga which works fine with Acceleration. The FSD Cessna 337 works fine but has a very dark prop circle when in VC. The Flight 1 Cessna 172 works fine.Jim

Thanks again Jim,I will go ahead with the installation in the morning and post the results tomorrow evening. It's 1.30 am here now and the 'Trouble & Strife' has just popped in to remind me that there is a bed for me to sleep in. LOLTake care,

Guest JimC1702

Yippee! I trapped on my third attempt. It wasn't pretty and it was a one wire, but I got the Hornet on the deck in one piece. I wish it was possible to view replays in the Missions, but the option is grayed out on the menu.Jim

Just to add my story to the mix, I've not had a single problem with Acceleration. I'm running pretty much stock FSX with no add-ons or anything else of the sort, and Acceleration installed and activated without a hitch, and everything has been working perfectly as far as I'm aware.

Well done Jim! They say that practice makes perfect.Just popped in to tell you that the Comanche from Eaglesoft is performing beautifully. My gosh that team certainly make some awesomeproducts. Makes the default FSX planes look very amateur.Anyway thanks to both you and Bill for all your help, now I must get back to put the 'Shades' on the pilot for a trip around the Gold Coast here.Take care,

Guest fsxmissionguy

Jim,Search the net for "FSRecorder." This add-on works very well and enables the ability to view replays in missions (and is a superior instant replay option overall.)

Guest JimC1702

>Jim,>>Search the net for "FSRecorder." This add-on works very well>and enables the ability to view replays in missions (and is a>superior instant replay option overall.)Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out.Jim