Sign in to follow this  
Reset XPDR

Acceleration SP2 Full Screen Menu Crash Observation

Well, you can chalk me up to the infamouse Acceleration/SP2 full screen menu club. What is interesting is that I ran Acceleration for a full week, in and out of full screen and using menus at my whim, without experiencing a single lockup. The difference between now and last week - I activated my Acceleration! If you were wondering why it took me a week to do so, I am upgrading to Vista 64 in a week and did not want to annoy the activation gods with a second activation within a week, but I finally got sick of it timing out after 30 mins.The other interesting thing is that the beta testers apparently did not experience this issue. Perhaps they did not need to activate their copy or something changed in the activation process between the last beta and the gold release.Anyway, just trying to help out with finding a fix here. My background is in aviation safety-critical software, and if a bug like this, whilst not safety-critical but certainly mission killing for a lot of the FSX customer base out there, came up post release, there would be an all stations alert to produce a patch to fix it, no matter how badly management wanted to move onto the next project. As we say in Australia, to not do so is "just not cricket". Interpretation for everyone else, it's just not the right/done thing. Please fix this ACES!Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Sorry to see that you have problems, Gary. Just too bad.There is a fundamental difference, I suppose, between the work of the beta testers and that of the official test team.ACES has a group of employees who do test the game according to fixed protocols. They test various aspects that are defined by ACES.Then, it is released to the beta testers who are a disparate group of people with no particular test goal. They proceed to activate, fly, and go about their various activities, whether trying out missions, visiting their favorite airport, loading their preferred add-ons, or creating them and seeing how they display and work. This mimics the final user base and how the game would be used by them.So, beta testers can and often do miss a lot. But, most often, everything that comes up here has already been seen during the beta, and quite often. Not to mention that a lot of the problems that are brought to light in a beta are fixed and are never experienced by final customers. And there are loads of those!But, it should be remembered that beta testers neither fix problems, nor decide what should be fixed. Only ACES owns the code to FS and only they decide what is done to it.As for me, I never fly in full screen mode. It has historically had problems in FS, always something or the other. So, I have avoided a lot of problems that others experience.And I have never had Out of Memory problems, blurries, broken airplanes, and all the other problems that people have.I understand that flying in windowed mode may ruin your sense of immersion, and perhaps you hesitate to make such a change, but you might avoid the crashes and still find that you can enjoy the game a lot if you would only take that step.Good luck and best regards.Luis

Gary,Interesting post that is for sure. I've already removed FSX completely, and reinstalled...w/o accel/sp2...it's sitting here staring at me saying "install me, pleass"...I'm half tempted to install int and NOT activate it and see what happens.Heck I guess I will and post as to what happend.Thanks for your post!Ken

Luis,Apologies if you thought I was casting scorn on the beta testers, as that was not my intention. I mentioned them because it is interesting that, from what has been reported here, none of the beta testers experienced the issue, and yet now that Accel is out in the wild this particular wheel has fallen off for many. I was just trying to suggest a possible link between the two regarding product activation requirements.BTW, I used to be happy flying in windowed mode, but for some reason since I installed my TH2G I now get the age old AA and tooltips cause graphics below to revert to an earlier still image. Full screen fixes the issue, but now Accel breaks that mode - Arrghhh! *:-* :-lolGary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11