Sign in to follow this  
Guest fsxmissionguy

Help needed with sling load attachement

Guest kd001

Ok. Here's what I've been doing:I press O and on the upper right corner it says 'sling hook enabled'. I have managed to move directly above the crates at an altitude of 60-65ft and a speed of 10knots. But nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? Is it because I am not hovering? It seems impossible to hover because as soon as the speed drops to below 10knots. the helicopter starts drifting sideways.Thanks for any tips.

Guest fsxmissionguy

KD,First things first: There is an unfortunate bug in the EH101 model. This bug affects how the aircraft responds to the application of power resulting in additional torque. The result of the bug is that it is fairly difficult (because of an unrealistic model) to hover the EH101 simulation.Fortunately, there is a fix, but it reduces realism (which, in this case, probably isn't a bad thing because it's not modelled real in the first place.)Go to your Settings Page and click on Realism. There is one slider to move to the left: Torque.Go refly the Slingload tutorial. You must hover at the appropriate altitude in order to snag the objects. Move too fast over them, be too high, or too low, and you won't snag them.The only way I've been able to master the slingload grab is to open a second window (View / New View / Aircraft / Hoist). I resize this window fairly small and position this window in the empty space on the panel of the cockpit. This simulates what one might see if one had a camera on the bottom of this aircraft pointing down as an aid to ... um ... slinging.Now, keep in mind that I have a fairly powerful computer ... opening that second view will reduce your frame rates, so before flying missions of this type, I turn the autogen way down, reduce the water, etc., basically anything I can do to increase my frame rates. In missions, I'm not too interested in seeing 300 cars on the road ... if you get my drift.Give this a try and report back. I think you'll find it now possible to routinely capture the objects with the sling. What you do with them after that is up to your skill as a pilot.Cheers,Kevin