Sign in to follow this  
GoranM

Official. XP12 has outsold XP11!

On 2/9/2024 at 5:12 AM, GoranM said:

According to Laminar and part of their slides from the Montreal conference, X-Plane 12 has, in just under 18 months, outsold X-Plane 11 by 12%.

This is good - we need more addons though.  There's just not that many out there.  Especially the native addons that make good use of all the lovely new tech that LR has brought to 12.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 minute ago, ryanbatc said:

This is good - we need more addons though.  There's just not that many out there.  Especially the native addons that make good use of all the lovely new tech that LR has brought to 12.

The addons are coming.  There's so much new tech coming from 12.10 onwards, that it doesn't make sense for anyone to release anything now.  Once the foundation for all the new tech is made available, expect more addons to come out.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Just now, GoranM said:

The addons are coming.  There's so much new tech coming from 12.10 onwards, that it doesn't make sense for anyone to release anything now.  Once the foundation for all the new tech is made available, expect more addons to come out.

Sounds great!  Can't wait to see what's coming.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Can anyone clarify for me, please: is it +12% year to date or +12% all time?

One is GREAT news, the other would blow my socks off!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, UrgentSiesta said:

From September 2022 to today, Laminar have sold 12% more copies of X-Plane 12 than the entire run of X-Plane 11. X-Plane 11 was the previous highest selling version of X-Plane. 

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, GoranM said:

than the entire run of X-Plane 11.

it could mean either. I actually presumed they meant "in their first months".

AutoATC Developer

36 minutes ago, GoranM said:

From September 2022 to today, Laminar have sold 12% more copies of X-Plane 12 than the entire run of X-Plane 11. X-Plane 11 was the previous highest selling version of X-Plane. 

Well that's just great 😡 I need new socks now.

WOW - that is absofreakinlutely AMAZINGLY good news!!!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, UrgentSiesta said:

That was also my first thought when I saw this. Still good news sales are increasing but I read it as 12% year to date. As in 12% higher than xplane 11 was at 18 months into its lifecycle. I think they would have pointed out lifetime if that was the case.

I'm not a marketing person but 12% higher than xplane 11 lifetime at this stage would be something to announce in a dedicated blog post, not simply in a slide. It would be the thing that would get developers who are not paying attention to xplane looking again.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Flight Sim PC - OS: Windows 11 Pro. CPU: i9-13900K.  RAM: 64GB. GPU: NVidia RTX 4090 OC
Flight Sim Xbox - Seriex X, 3TB

There are numerous more simmers now than then so that numbers not all that impressive. Lets start an online store.

That is good news, but it makes even harder for me to understand why XP11 still has more active users than XP12. 

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

29 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

That is good news, but it makes even harder for me to understand why XP11 still has more active users than XP12. 

Steam numbers are a poor indicator of official numbers. X-Plane 12 was outselling 11 for the period in the first 3 months. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, GoranM said:

Steam numbers are a poor indicator of official numbers. X-Plane 12 was outselling 11 for the period in the first 3 months. 

Yes, but it should provide statistical/sample data for the overall user-base. I mean, I have uninstalled XP11 one week after purchasing XP12. It is so much better while retaining compatibility with most of my add-ons...

Edited by GCBraun

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

I stand corrected.  I was informed it is for the same time period.

Apologies.  The excitement got to me.

Edited by GoranM
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, GCBraun said:

I really doubt that more users still use XP11…

Edited by Franz007

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

17 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

Can imagine the 10,000% increase in complaints for a unfinished Beta, glad they dont listen to all the silly ness.

As a Linux user, I can handle my bugs and errors. And I wasn't necessarily including the entire userbase in my demand, only myself. 😏

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days