Sign in to follow this  
Akila

How Do I Check Current Wind speed/direction?

With FSX/P3D if I press Shift + Z it shows the current wind seep and Direction, how do I do this in MSFS 2020?

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Either switch to developer mode or look up on flightsim.to the shift z addon that brings you that functionality into msfs - quite handy

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Aether said:

Or use this https://metar-taf.com/ link and type in the airport icao code.

Good luck.

META data of the real world is not guarantied would be depicted exactly in the SIM like in the real world.
I am looking for actual wind speed/direction that is in the SIM, not in a real airport.. also many airport I fly don't even have METAR data available or published.

2 hours ago, ha5mvo said:

Either switch to developer mode or look up on flightsim.to the shift z addon that brings you that functionality into msfs - quite handy

looking good. I tested it and it seems it brings exactly what I need. thanks man...

Edited by Akila

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Flightsim dot to has a great shift z mod that basically makes it work like past MS games.  It is freeware and great.

• Like 2

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

1 hour ago, Akila said:

looking good. I tested it and it seems it brings exactly what I need. thanks man...

Al'lo Davar!

8 hours ago, ha5mvo said:

Hey Thanks, really helpfull

Embrace full realism! Dead reckoning and E6B 🙂

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

17 hours ago, ha5mvo said:

How is that shift z addon named because been searching Flightsim.to for over half an hour now and nothing comes up.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

13 minutes ago, Lange_666 said:

How is that shift z addon named because been searching Flightsim.to for over half an hour now and nothing comes up.

https://flightsim.to/file/16358/shift-z-stats

You can change what is shown in the userconfig.ini file

Edited by willy647

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

Thx for the link.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

You can also go to the weather tab in the MSFS in game menu. If you're using Live Weather / Real Time, click on METAR.

• Like 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

You can also go to the weather tab in the MSFS in game menu. If you're using Live Weather / Real Time, click on METAR.

I was about to post that suggestion to but then I read one of the posts by the original author of the thread where he specifically mentioned that he wanted to be able to get that information while flying and / or away from airfields with published METAR.

O some aircraft that use attenuation of the x-wind component to overcome the limitations of the ground physics, using the developer mode will show wind components that are lower than reality for that physical location, when using RL weather.

I believe the best option is still that Shift-Z-Stats addon.

• Like 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...