Sign in to follow this  
Guest SkullxBones

Ifly 747 cold start

Guest SkullxBones

I have noticed that the Ifly 747 seems to start at different conditions when using the cold start feature from the FMC. When I first installed the plane, it worked ok. After I get the engines running and all warning messages out, I shut it down, but the next time I run it, the panel is dead but the engines are trying to spool up. It's like there is some file that remembers the last state it was running and tried to set it that way even though the panel is dead.Anyone else have problems with the cold start?

Guest SkullxBones

Nevermind, I found the problem. You can't rename the Ifly 747-400 directory once installed or it affects the FMC sim start up state.

Hi, S&BI have just recently started using the iFly 747 in Cold & Dark mode. And I have that problem with the engines attempting to restart after everything is shut down. And also when I reload the aircraft to start a new session.And I have NOT renamed the Directory/Folder that the iFly was installed into. It is not a problem, just a bit annoying.:(

I have a similar problem, except the engines are sometimes dead (not trying to start) but all the power is on, fuel system set up, etc.I have also tried manually setting up my own cold and dark airplane, then saving it in a flight, but the results are the same. I have to redo parts of the cold start configuration each time I load it. Therefore I don't think it is related to the FMC cold start feature.I think it is a bug, and that somehow the airplane "remembers" parts of it's last operating configuration when reloaded in the cold start flight.Reference Point: I am using Vista SP1, FSX SP1/SP2.Anyhow, you are not alone.Regards,Thrakete

Guest j-mo

I don't have this a/c, I fly PMDG. Turns out it works best when, upon starting FSX, your firstload is one of the FSX native planes in a C&D state. End your flight, then go about your business about what you really want to do.You could try this for your ifly and see if it makes a difference.

i have fsx and ifly747v2   when loaded its enginesruning  copcpit all dark   cant get electics on to power fmc  ?  whats wrong ?

Great, just about to drop the cash and buy iFly 747 V2, now this. Have you guys installed the recent hotfix for V2?

All the posters save one are prior to the end of 2008 and have nothing to do with the current 747V2.0.  Chrisrob57 clearly blew the installation and is now over on the iFly forum getting direction.

DJ

I'm going to close this 7 year old thread as it doesn't concern Ifly's V2.

Cheers,

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11