Sign in to follow this  
jrhoads

Aces Looking for Simulation Engineer

We have opened a position for a developer to help us make the best aircraft we can for the next version of Flight Simulator. There are several people in the community that can build great flight models, and if any of them can code and expand our platform as well, we would really like to hear from them.Here is a link to the job followed by the job description.http://members.microsoft.com/careers/searc...BA-10A053E97B55SOFTWARE DESIGN ENGINEER:Description:The Flight Simulator team is seeking an experienced software engineer to work on the next version of one of the most successful franchises in the history of entertainment software. We are looking for a candidate with strong engineering, math, and physics skills who can enhance and add to existing simulation code. The successful candidate will be able to specify, design, and implement the code for simulation models including aircraft and helicopters as well as other systems. Additional areas of responsibility may include: implementation of audio, effect triggers, and low-level AI controllers for the vehicles. Required experience:Experience in physical modeling, C/C++ programming, and the ability to work in a highly motivated team environment are required.Educational experience: BS (or equivalent) degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Aeronautical Engineering. Desirable Experience:Previous game industry development experience working on physics engine is preferred. Background in aeronautical engineering, real world aviation and feedback control systems would be desirable as well as being trained as a pilot and being familiar with the Flight Simulator SDK.

Guest Lith1um

#### Tom,That's some serious skills you have there.

Hey Tom, can you upload that here to the library? I'd really like to give it the once over. Does it have a VC too??!!With all the talented devs around here at Avsim, I'm sure they won't lack for talented candidates.

High praise indeed!! Does that mean I can now take my own photo with a uniform and Captain epaulettes? Please say yes so I can stand out from the crowd... :-lol

Well, the beacon flashes too fast, there's excessive smoke billowing from the exhaust, and the rotor movement isn't.... But other than that, it's a nice design.Regards,Jim Karn

Sorry, I don't do VC's. :)Besides, if you have seen the interior of a Vietnam era SH-3A through D, you wouldn't want a VC with that model. :)

:-lolYou forgot to mention the three missing rivets three inches from the hind post of the cockpit and the lack of flotation bags on the sponson. Amateur!

Yeah, I sure do.... I certainly would not buy that model - flashing lights, missing rivets, cockpit off by 3 inches, etc. etc. I can remember watching a video in helicopter flight crew school training where the camera was located at the same level as the rotor blades, and those suckers were doing at least what my model shows. There were a number in that class, including me, that questioned whether or not we really really wanted to ride in those things - lovingly referred to as "a million mis-matched parts flying in close formation". :)

Wow... BS in Computer Science?? LOLSome of us were doing this long before they taught it college. ;)

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest cschmokel

Surprising, those are pretty lax baseline requirements. There are droves of BSCS C++ coders looking for steady work. I'd hazard to guess that whoever they end up hiring will have 10+ years of relevant industry experience and maybe even an MS CS.

Guest slydon

THAT SHOULD BE PAYWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOWOWOWOWOW LOLLOL

Guest fsxmissionguy

What kind of FR do you get with that model?Seriously though ... it looks surprisingly like the very early versions of the EH101. Keep working on it. You'd be amazed how they turn out.