Sign in to follow this  
Guest fsxmissionguy

How can this be?

Guest PowderBlue

I have a good rig, its a P4 E6400 2.13 with 4 gigs matched 8800 664mhz corsair ram, and EVGA overclocked 8800 GTX 768 or summin, a big ol monitor all the cooling blah blah blah and the most I can muster is about 10 to 14 FPS steady. That is with most slider maxed and all traffic turned off, no cars no boats and like AI at 20% This is with the FSX and SP1 installed fresh. I also made all the tweaks recommended on the FSX website and that tweak website. I dunno what to do from here.

Guest PPSFA

Try the folks at www.fs-gs.com they made my FSX sing :-)

Yeah something is wrong. What other programs do you have running? Look under the process tab in the task manager to see if anything is hogging resources. I know this is basic stuff but your computer should be getting a lot more out of FSX. What drivers are you using?

Guest fsxmissionguy

My view: Lots of people with an 8800GTSX are having problems of one sort or another. Do you have an alternative video card you could insert to test that theory?