Sign in to follow this  
lwt1971

Fenix A320 V2 Block2 features deep dive video

Wow such fine details! Fenix is really setting the bar high. Also, the extra cost that they had to bear in mind for external hardware support, I wouldn't mind to pay extra for that. Hard work deserves reward. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

2 hours ago, Claudius_ said:

Any news about the release?

Yes, when it's finished 🙂

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Paladin2005 said:

Nice progress.

The only things i currently need to have more fun with the Fenix:

- full support of my Honeycomb autopilot controls without further 3rd party software

- better performance (still missing 10 fps to other aircraft)

- having the MCDU on my tablet (workarounds still cost me 20 fps)

Second the autopilot controls without 3rd party software part. It's annoying that MSFS control assignments for A/P that work perfectly well in the PMDG 737 don't in the Airbus.

• Like 1

spacer.png5800X3D, 64GB 3200 RAM, 7900 XT 20GB

5 minutes ago, iborg1979 said:

Second the autopilot controls without 3rd party software part. It's annoying that MSFS control assignments for A/P that work perfectly well in the PMDG 737 don't in the Airbus.

This should be fixed. 

• Like 11
  • Upvote 1

Aamir Thacker

3 minutes ago, Aamir said:

This should be fixed. 

As part of the new licensing, or general block 2 fixes?

9 minutes ago, Aamir said:

This should be fixed. 

You need to reward yourself and the Team with an evening out at Denley’s in Topsham when you’ve got this thing out the door Aamir👍

Quite surprised at "A330 Driver"'s views on the exciting block 2 features, when someone asked him about it in the comments of one of his videos:-  

(Considering how much he flies and seems to enjoy the Fenix)

6666666666666.jpg

Can all that work and features by Fenix really be written off as "a 1:1 copy of the FSL A320"  ???? (I never owned the FSL).

Edited by JYW

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

11 minutes ago, JYW said:

Can all that work and features by Fenix really be written off as "a 1:1 copy of the FSL A320"  ???? (I never owned the FSL).

I think he refers to the GSX and PA integration.

But honestly, we know that guy stand with Fenix and how much he "loves" Fenix in the opposite way (just sayin). So I wouldn't take any word he says until we have block 2 in our hands and we can decide by ourselves.

• Like 11

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

42 minutes ago, JYW said:

Quite surprised at "A330 Driver"'s views on the exciting block 2 features, when someone asked him about it in the comments of one of his videos:-  

Short answer, no 🙂

And even *if* it's a 1:1 copy, that'd be in terms of systems and flight fidelity at most.. all the other extras in the Fenix, and of course visual fidelity wise, the Fenix is going to stomp all over the FSL. From a personal point of view, if and when FSL releases their A32x line I'm not going to be in the least compelled to get it when I already have the Fenix (and who knows how further along the Fenix line will be by then) for the CEO, and the FBW/ini versions for the NEO.

Like I said in a previous post, I'd look to V-1 Simulations, 320 Sim Pilot, etc for their takes when they have the Block 2 update in hand and properly review it, because they're IRL 320 captains who're also experienced with various sim versions of the aircraft including FSL's (can't think off-hand of any other IRL 320 pilots who're also simmers)

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Awesome update video.  Pretty impressed.  My two favorite parts:

-Finally will be able to use natively with skalarki gear. 

-Web MCDU.  (Does anybody know if this will be with an FPS cost?)

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

53 minutes ago, JYW said:

6666666666666.jpg

I am not allowed to post what I think about this A330dude, but lets say it in a humble way: There are other sources on youtube which are slightly more competent than this guy.

• Like 6

And regarding the communication of Fenix: Its a joke that we still have no idea when the update arrives. Unbelievable kiddy behaviour from their side.

1 minute ago, techman said:

Its a joke that we still have no idea when the update arrives. Unbelievable kiddy behaviour from their side.

It is because their Discord vents their spleen at any inferred timelines and then gets upset when their interpretation of timelines aren't met. That Discord is one of the worst I belong to. I just do a search on Aamir's name to see his posts and ignore the rest.

I fell into that rabbit hole of "weels not months" until I gave a tiimeline at work of "8-10" weeks which is, well 2 months.

They have learned their lesson from missing two deadlines and have adopted the War Games mantra of "the only winning move is not to play."

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, BrammyH said:

They have learned their lesson from missing two deadlines and have adopted the War Games mantra of "the only winning move is not to play."

Which is the best approach, IMO.

Don't give estimates, don't give dates. Just drop it when it's done.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Great update. Look forward for the release :) 

In my opinion Fenix deserves all the credit is possible from the community. From day 1. 

Even in presence of missing/adjustable things in their product. 

In all the period they worked on block 2 the A320 was enjoyable and and the support, when needed, was very responsive (at least in my personal experience)

Thanks @Aamir 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1