Sign in to follow this  
MiteyMT

ACCELERATION IS FUN, but what happened to my menu TEXT

Flying acceleration is fun, but I can't read my menu text anymore. Starts out ok sometimes, but then degrades as I fly to unreadable. Hard in missions, cause I have to guess what it says. Can't read ATC anymore, and can only change settings and such because I remember where they were. Freeflight, missions, everywhere. Sometimes if I don't touch them at all they last a while, but inevitably become garbled.pentium 4 hyperthreaded2 gigs ddr 2 ramATI x1950 proemachine running vista homeBTW, happened right after install of FSXA, so updated video driver by deleting old one and installing new one. Vista installed a default driver while I was tring to install catalyst. Can't stop it, but the problem was there before I messed with the driver, even though FSX never had that problem before. Vista home runs dx10, and the card is dx9, but was working great before. Anybody else. Running a repair on fsxa now with the disk to try to reconcile.

Hi FolksMiteyMT -I have the same problem.Also sometimes the menu will disappear entirely.It's not that the menu isn't there,it's just that you can't see it. ;-) This can be confirmed by pressing CTRL+Zwhich will display FS type data in red text in the TLH corner.Now press the ALT key,you'll notice the red text moves up/down with each keypress.The gap at the top is where the menu should be visible.This same issue also causes - - captions to blur/or not display in missions, - kneeboard page labels (under the icons) to blur/or not display. - RH context menu to blur/or not displayI find this occurs in certain missions and sceneries.The root cause is having your slider settings too far right for your video card.Try backing them all the way to the left.Does the issue persist.You may have to restart your FSX session,with sliders at a lower level than current.HTHATBPaulResized logo pending ;-)http://www.fs-odg.com