Sign in to follow this  
Guest n99wb

ATC and Touch and Go

When I do a touch and go ATC never seems to recognize I've landed and taken off again. I have to cancel landing intentions to get ATC to go to the next step. Is this the way it's supposed to work?

AMD 3800X, Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT, AS Rock X570 Phantom Gaming 4, 32mb 3600 ram

The way I do it. Do not put wheels on runway, tell ATC your going around. Works for me. Good luck. erv KSDF

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.

Guest n99wb

Yes, that's the way it works. You select remain in pattern, take-off and fly the pattern.When you are abeam the touchdown point on the downwind leg,the Tower will clear you for touch and go.You can do that till you run out of avgas.FULL STOP:When you first lift off, from any of your take offs, you have theopportunity to request a full stop landing.If you miss it, you have to cancel and then recontact or do anotherT&G.

Thanks,When I have this problem it's when I'm just flying along and decide to try a T&G at an enroute airport. ATC will let you do one T&G but never goes to the next step. I haven't tried the endless T&G's as described in your message.

Guest slydon

The whole point of a t&g is to put your wheels on the runway (you are actually practicing landings) otherwise you are doing a flyby only.

Don, Fully understand but in Flt Sim it works a little different, at least on my system for many years. Just trying to be helpful to make it work. erv

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.

huh? Are you cleared for the touch n go?They usually give you clearance right before base turn...Make sure to fly a normal pattern as well

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Yep! Here's the scenario: flying around Phoenix and getting close to Scottsdale so I call in and ask for a T&G. Then I'm given pattern entry instructions, get cleared for T&G and then complete the landing. While coasting I get the flaps up and then the throttle and take off. Scottsdale tower never acknowledges that I've completed the T&G. In order to get out of it I have to cancel my landing intentions and then it will cycle to let me choose the next airport.

Guest slydon

Yeah there are several problems that I would like to see fixed in atc. For one, there is no emergency clearance. If you have an emergency, lost engine etc. you should be able to contact tower of the nearest airport and get clearance to land.

I've never had a tower acknowledge that I've completed a touch and go in the real world.They may tell you to change pattern direction if needed after you takeoff-but otherwise you just enter the pattern in the expected way and set up for another-that is if you were cleared or as Lou says for the "option". http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/8aa8e4...113291f5f4g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Guest DreamFleet

Let me add, this is like last Saturday when arriving back at CDW in the Cessna 210. Things were somewhat quiet, but it was hazy and we were coming back VFR.Tower asked us to "squawk ident" so as to see where we were as there was another plane in the pattern ahead of us.Tower then asked us to "extend the downwind" and she would "call my base leg".As it turned out I asked her "okay to turn base".She said "turn base, cleared to land runway 22".I had already known that tower was handling both frequencies (tower and ground) so when I landed and turned off I said, "Centurion 5276C is clear at delta going to Caldwell air".Tower said (as expected) "Taxi to Caldwell Air, remain on this frequency, have a good night".I said: "Taxi to Caldwell air, remain on frequency, thanks for the help, good night".You just cannot simulate all this stuff for 50 bucks!Regards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...R_FORUM_LOU.jpg

I had an interesting one a few years ago.I was on the ils 27 practice approach kfnt-there was a 172 ahead of me and I was in a faster bonanza overtaking (I had a hood on).Tower after cleared for the approach at the marker-"n1768g cleared to land"Me after my safety pilot told me-" I have a cessna 172 about a mile in front of me-am I really cleared to land?"Tower (irritated)- "n1768g you are cleared to land"Me-as I remove the hood and see the 172 getting real close and realize there is no way " tower-I have an airplane in front of me that is getting real big on my windshield "Tower-suddenly panicked and apologetic-" turn right immediately to 360-climb and maintain 3000-gosh -we are awfully sorry-sorry for the screwup....w'ell make it up to you...Yeah-many more like this-but awfully hard to model.http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/8aa8e4...113291f5f4g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/