Sign in to follow this  
Ernest

Re: Milton Shupe's Spartan Executive

Hi.I hope that I'm putting this in the right place.I installed the Spartan into my fsx and it works just great.The only thing that I can not figure out how to get done, is for ATC to id the plane as Spartan Executive (or just Spartan) instead of experimental. I've compaired other A/C config files and can find no ready answers. Any imput into this would be most welcomed.Loved flying it in fs2004 and still love it in fsx.ErnestIf you fly by the seat of your pants....hold onto your pitot tube

I don't think the FS voicepack knows how to say "Spartan" by default. Whenever it can't pronounce an aircraft name, it uses "experimental" instead. Seems like someone produced a voicepack that had a lot more names a while back, but I can't recall now. I know that with some fiddling, you can edit your own sound files using the EditVoicePack utility. Try looking on the file library here.

HIThanks for your replies. I did get atc to call me by tail number.No joy on the Spartan Executive yet, so it looks like it's going to be edit voice pack for me.At least I'm not expermental anymore.Ernest

Very true.Thanks again. Between getting ready to do a vc card update, cpu, psu and more ram, got lots to do before accelation pack upgrade. Baby steps all the way.Good thing I've got it all backed up on an external hard drive.RegardsErnest