Sign in to follow this  
dlhusk

Fun with aicarriers2r2

First of all I want to thank Lamont Clark for a nice add-on and also want to thank Phil Taylor for putting a mention about it on his blog. I installed AICARRIERSR2R and it works great I went to X01 Everglades Airpark, Florida and dropped in a fleet and started landing. I also found that all the catapault functions work, Shift+U, Shift+I, and Shift+Space to Launch! Have Fun! Oh, BTW, I find carrier landings lots easier to accomplish "outside the missions"....Danny

Guest fsxmissionguy

Danny,"Inside the missions" you are being monitored and graded on your landing (much like in real life as all carrier landings are graded by the LSO).You are, of course, then punished for exceeding certain parameters which would cause damage to the aircraft.If you practice "inside the mission" you will perfect your landings in a way that would make the US Navy (and the taxpayers) proud.

You are absolutely right fsxmissionguy, however I was 2 for 2 when I hit the deck today, I did have 2 "bolters" but I did not crash any LOLOne thing I noticed though, even though I landed ok with aicarriers2r2 I was not real sure I caught the wire.I also have Flight Deck 5 and it keeps a log and tells you which wire you got, I am not sure FSX does that even with missions on.Thanks for the reminder,Danny