Sign in to follow this  
PhilTaylor

sp2

Guest slydon

Phil has explained why there is a delay for sp2. My question is: acceleration has been out for some time now and has sp2 in it so if it is not ready yet for download how can it be the same as what is in acceleration?

I must be dense, because I still don't see why the same image couldn't be set for downloading and also put on the accel dvd media. I guess they are saying there are source-level changes unique to accel, but I don't see why.This also suggests that an addon developer would have to test against both accel/sp2 and download/sp2, adding cost and complication. Also if sp2 is installed and a user later wants the accel f/a-18 and carrier or helo I take it he would have to uninstall sp2 and then install accel/sp2 possibly breaking addons. Is there some way an addon can determine which sp2 is installed (reading a registry key or something)?Also, I understand there is an SDK that is part-of accel/sp2. Is this sdk part of the download sp2? Is it the same version?scott s..

I do not understand why this isn't clear.It is not the same "image". It is the "same" functionally because the same checkins were made to both source trees.And it needs a separate setup, which has not been fully tested yet. And that setup needs to be localized.Yes, testing is required and takes time. There is no way around that if we are to ship SP2 separately as a web download.