Sign in to follow this  

Captain Sim XLoad

I was so blown away by the F/A-18's flight model, especially in low speed manouvers where you are one inch from losing control, that I decided to get the extra models by Captain Sim. Its a pretty cool package, and the load/animation manager is nice, but I'm dissapointed with a few things. For one thing the F-117 that it comes with is really crappy, wih very poor model and texures. Its more like a cracker jack prize than an actual add-on. I was also dissapointed with the afterburner effects on the F/A-18, as Captain Sim uses there own custom effect. The multi-stage afterburner is one of the coolest features of the F/A-18, so I don't know why they didn't take advantage of that. Instead the AB is either on or off, and it does not even sync with the AB sounds. If anybody knows how to replace the captain sim AB effect with the default I would be interested in knowing. I looked through the cfg but couldn't figure it out. On top of that it appears that I cannot get the flaps to respond tomy commands. During flight they seem to move around on thier own ok, but my keyboard commands to raise and lower them seem to have no effect. They work fine in the default F/A-18.So overall the models are awesome, but functionality is not the same as the default aircraft.http://sio.midco.net/FTP4/xload3.jpghttp://sio.midco.net/FTP4/xload2.jpg