Sign in to follow this  
Guest SkullxBones

Plane moving on start-up

Guest SkullxBones

When I first enter free flight, some of my planes are already moving slowly even though the throttles are closed. This mainly happens to add-on planes like the freeware Ifly 747-400 and Project Opensky 757-200. If I am parked at a gate I have to hit the brakes quickly or I'll hit the building. Is it something in the aircraft.cfg?

>When I first enter free flight, some of my planes are already>moving slowly even though the throttles are closed. This>mainly happens to add-on planes like the freeware Ifly 747-400>and Project Opensky 757-200. If I am parked at a gate I have>to hit the brakes quickly or I'll hit the building. >>Is it something in the aircraft.cfg?FSX is wacko!Sometimes when pressing fly my aircraft is in a river crashing even though I choose active runway at any airport. lol

Guest jshyluk

There are two different things going on here, both are probably fixable.1) The moving aircraft. Whatever the state the aircraft is in for the Default flight carries over into the Free flight. Try checking to see if the aircraft is moving in the Default flight. If it is, stop it completely somewhere and turn on the parking brakes. Save that flight as your new Default flight, and that should solve your problem.2) Aircraft in the river. FSX can get confused if you pick a land runway that's close to a water runway (like for a seaplane). The solution is to pick a different runway, or to start in a parking spot and taxi to the runway. Jeff ShylukAssitant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Like Jeff said - save your default flight with parking brakes on. Many other settings (like f.e. trim, set altitude or the heading bug) are saved this way as well.Heiko

Guest SkullxBones

Thanks guys, that cured it!