Thank you also for your time and dedication into making MSFS run better! You and the likes of the other person with the sky color formula are a real gem for the community! It's always great to have people like you.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

4 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Thank you also for your time and dedication into making MSFS run better! You and the likes of the other person with the sky color formula are a real gem for the community! It's always great to have people like you.

hear hear !

• Like 2

ROG Crossair Hero X670e , 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM  6000 ( allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz ( allegedly ) TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Just loaded up the Fenix at a KBOS gate. AutoFPS gives me 84 fps. By dynamically reducing TLOD to 50. Still haven't injected any traffic yet though 😉

This app is so amazing! 😄 

On the latest test version now. Think I might have missed the previous test version. Too busy cross-talking in another thread hehe. 

Loaded up AIG 50% traffic (that's 106 airplanes around me):

0I9LWFB.jpg

What kind of sorcery is this? 😜 

Also, AutoFPS's footprint is incredibly low. According to Lasso it uses a miniscule 0.04% CPU and 50MB RAM. MSFS: 9.23% and 4.1GB. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 2

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | MSI Gaming Trio X RTX 4090 | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6200 32-38-38-30 32GB | Gigabyte X670 AORUS ELITE AX | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

13 hours ago, kcjc073 said:

My Quest3 is using VD 80HZ/120HZ resolution Godlike with SSW activated (on my 3080ti). I limit the FPS to 80 with RTSS and set the AutoFPS target FPS to 76. The helmet displays a steady 80FPS and only very rarely lags, everything is smooth and no stutter.

Hold on, 80Hz with SSW ON means you're running on 40FPS. 120Hz would be 60HZ with SSW ON. I just asked in Discord and confirmed that VD can only do 1/2 divider, meaining there are no 1/3 or 1/4 locked motion reprojection. So both RTSS @80 and AutoFPS target of 76 are meaningless, it never gets there, not should it. Also, I never could run MSFS even at 60 stable in any airliner and vusy area anyway. VD displays 80 because that's it's streaming 40FPS and SSW is creating another 40 frames. It's confusing but it always shows the same FPS with SSW on or off, despite it halving the framerate. Try limiting RTSS to 40 or 41 FPS - in the AutoFPS app it should show 40,  but VD would still show 80. 

If I understand correctly how things work, because of your target is not remotely achievable, AutoFPS would just nail down all settings to minimums, never raising LOD etc. above minimums. It would give you good performance, but it should be the same if you manually fix LOD to your min value etc. Maybe I'm not getting something, let me know if I'm wrong. 

• Like 1

CYYJ  Victoria International Airport [BC Canada CYOW  Ottawa International Airport [Ontario Canada]   
 CYOO  Oshawa Executive Airport [Ontario Canada CYKZ  Toronto Buttonville Municipal Airport [Ontario Canada]
 Helicopters  Vancouver Island Heliports and Seaplane Bases [BC Canada]   CNC3  Brampton-Caledon Airport [Ontario Canada
Available now at FlightSimulation.RomanDesign.ca +4 Free Scenery Packs
My Hard Sci-Fi novels and audiobooks: RomanLando.com

I personally feel  that this app for users who are already getting 100 FPS on their $4000 rig, and  have upped it to 120 FPS with this app, that's great. However,  I think for many users,  that are struggling to get a steady 30-40 fps on the PC they have now, in busy airports flying the Fenix or PMDG, this app is a real life saver. I was about to put the Fenix B2 up on blocks, for the FPS I was getting, and now with this app the FPS are fine, and I am flying the Fenix  all the time. 

• Like 4

spacer.png

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

8 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I personally feel  that this app for users who are already getting 100 FPS on their $4000 rig, and  have upped it to 120 FPS with this app, that's great. However,  I think for many users,  that are struggling to get a steady 30-40 fps on the PC they have now, in busy airports flying the Fenix or PMDG, this app is a real life saver. I was about to put the Fenix B2 up on blocks, for the FPS I was getting, and now with this app the FPS are fine, and I am flying the Fenix  all the time. 

in other words thanks Reset ! i think Bob is trying to say lol 😉

• Like 3

ROG Crossair Hero X670e , 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM  6000 ( allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz ( allegedly ) TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

58 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I agree...what was killing me was most of the larger 3rd party airports (KJFK, KBOS, KMIA, etc),  I just could not get good performance at all on or near the ground even with very light AI settings (Fenix & PMDG).  I can now nail 30 fps (I use 50% refresh/vsync to target 30fps) at all of these airports and it is so much smoother, especially on the ground at the gate where even panning around was always a bit rough. Great app!!

• Like 2

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Roman Design said:

Hold on, 80Hz with SSW ON means you're running on 40FPS. 120Hz would be 60HZ with SSW ON. I just asked in Discord and confirmed that VD can only do 1/2 divider, meaining there are no 1/3 or 1/4 locked motion reprojection. So both RTSS @80 and AutoFPS target of 76 are meaningless, it never gets there, not should it. Also, I never could run MSFS even at 60 stable in any airliner and vusy area anyway. VD displays 80 because that's it's streaming 40FPS and SSW is creating another 40 frames. It's confusing but it always shows the same FPS with SSW on or off, despite it halving the framerate. Try limiting RTSS to 40 or 41 FPS - in the AutoFPS app it should show 40,  but VD would still show 80. 

If I understand correctly how things work, because of your target is not remotely achievable, AutoFPS would just nail down all settings to minimums, never raising LOD etc. above minimums. It would give you good performance, but it should be the same if you manually fix LOD to your min value etc. Maybe I'm not getting something, let me know if I'm wrong. 

I mostly fly GA aircraft at low altitude with the traffic system turned off, and the graphics settings are usually at high to ultra, only slightly lower in the VR system. A lot of optimization has been done on the system including the use of lasso to assign tasks, the main goal is not to increase FPS but to reduce lag and stuttering.

Recently I rarely fly in VR environments, I have not been further testing and confirming, this is based on last week's impression(MSFS SU15 beta).I'm not sure if SSW calculates the frame with reference to the monitor refresh rate. I was under the impression that SSW was something like a frame generation or frame prediction technique, but as I recall SSW calculates the fake frame with reference to the head movement vector.

Since the helmet display is the original frame plus the generated frame, RTSS should be based on the original frame, I do not know why change the RTSS limit can affect the helmet's FPS value. If I set a number less than 80FPS, it will be fixed at that value, which conflicts with the concept of MR, so I'm a bit confused. But in the end it was intuition and observation that did the trick, and it worked fine.

I use FSR3toDLSS FG technology on my 2D system. To make it easier to manage, I set the same 80FPS limit as the VR environment.The main reason I use a frame limiter similar to RTSS is that it makes the image smoother and reduces jitter and tearing. It has a significant effect in both 2D and 3D systems.

Edited by kcjc073

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

It is not just the FPS. Many (older) systems getting 20FPS +/- get real stutter and pause reductions equating to much better smoothness and granular terrain draw tweaking et al.

Edited by Flyfaster_MTN002

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

Posted (edited)

New AutoFPS Test Version 10Mar240100Z available here.

I know these recent test versions have been coming out thick and fast, so testers may be confused as to what they are actually testing. This has resulted in not one tester giving me any feedback on the new auto target FPS I've been working hard on, despite quite a few users indicating they supported the idea of this new feature.

As such, standby for another post from me shortly that will have the draft release notes for 0.4.2 that should let you know the full resultant scope of all changes in this version, which I am pretty confident I am close to finalising, and therefore help you know exactly what you are being asked to test. I do apologise for my keenness, which has obviously caused this.

In any case, changes from the last test version are:

• Enhanced auto target FPS functionality to allow auto target FPS to adjust if extremity conditions are such that the target FPS is no longer appropriate eg. if at TLOD Min, cloud recovery reduction on and still 20% lower FPS than target and vice versa at TLOD Max and still 20% higher. This works well if you depart from a non-complex area and arrive at a complex area, and vice versa, allowing the app to appropriately adapt to the significantly changed performance conditions without overreacting to otherwise medium to small performance changes.
  • Changed TLOD Min Extra behaviour in non-expert mode to only be enabled on descent if transitioning from FPS to TLOD Min priority and TLOD Min Extra TLOD is currently being achieved.
  • Fixed cloud quality recovery logic to use the correct TLOD Min and to take cloud recovery plus correctly into account based on current user settings.
  • Changed the GPU load to always show in status line, instead of just in test versions, if the GPU-Z companion app is detected running.
  • Added config file option to log sim values, as currently happens automatically in test versions. Apart from not wanting clutter up the expert settings UI area any further, this is not shown in the UI on the expectation that only the type of users who have the skill to find and edit config files will be able to interpret this extra logging information properly anyway.
Edited by Reset XPDR
  • Like 3

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 5200x5200 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Posted (edited)

I've just drafted up the testers notes for AutoFPS version 0.4.2, with additional feature explanations that will end up in the readme instead. Before anyone says it, I will - OMG I thought this was supposed to be a minor maintenance release? 🤪😄OK, OK, so I got a bit carried away, but this is my swan song remember so I wanted to get everything in it that I thought it needed to be a complete package.

First up, the TLDR version. With, 0.4.2 you will now get:

• Auto target FPS, so you don't have to configure a single setting if you don't want to, putting full auto into AutoFPS!
  • A major upgrade to non-expert mode:
    • Auto raising of TLOD Min, providing low altitude conditions are favourable.
    • Auto OLOD enabled by default.
    • A higher default TLOD Max, to work better with auto TLOD min increases.
    • Tuned to work well with auto target FPS to give the best hands-off user experience.
  • New relative (+) cloud recovery TLOD setting in expert mode.
  • Clear and concise app status messages.
  • Clear and concise log file entries.
  • Bonus optional GPU-Z companion app GPU load display.
  • A more polished UI, including new app icon, minimise button, background colour and tooltips.
  • Detection of new Smoothflight app if already running.

Without further ado, here are the 0.4.2 full tester's notes:

• Added new option for auto target FPS functionality, primarily intended for non-expert mode but should work in expert mode too.
    • When checked, a target FPS will automatically be calculated only when you are on the ground and stationary, following any initial FPS settling. To do so, the app will change to TLOD Min, remove any cloud quality reduction and then sample and average your FPS over the next 10 second period. It will then set your target FPS to 95% of this (slightly lower than average so that cloud quality reduction doesn't immediately trigger). This auto target FPS will remain fixed until you have ascended above default TLOD Min priority AGL (nominally 2667 ft with a default TLOD of 100) and then landed again and stopped, whereby it will re-calibrate the auto target FPS for your new location.
    • The auto target FPS will also adjust if extremity conditions are such that the target FPS is no longer appropriate eg. if at TLOD Min, cloud recovery reduction on and still 20% lower FPS than target and vice versa at TLOD Max and still 20% higher. This works well if you depart from a non-complex area and arrive at a complex area, and vice versa, allowing the app to appropriately adapt to the significantly changed performance conditions without overreacting to otherwise medium to small performance changes.
    • If you uncheck Auto Target FPS at any time or move your aircraft while auto target FPS is calibrating, your target FPS will change back to your stored target FPS for your current graphics mode until you either recheck auto Target FPS, and are not in the air or moving, or stop moving long enough for the calibration process to complete respectively. If auto target FPS isn't properly calibrated before leaving the ground that the default target FPS for the current graphics mode will be used.
    • If you want a quick recalibration of auto target FPS, make sure you are on the ground and stationary and just uncheck then recheck Auto Target FPS and the calibration process will be redone.
  • Added auto raising of TLOD Min in non-expert mode and on the ground to the default TLOD instead of 50% of it if conditions are such that decrease cloud quality is not active and FPS is still 15% higher than the target FPS. Also, this setting will remain during approach and lock at final approach provided that at no point does the FPS reduce lower than the target FPS minus the FPS tolerance. Changed non-expert default settings to increase TLOD Max from 200% to 300% of default TLOD to allow extra TLOD range when auto raising of TLOD min is active.
  • Added + option for cloud recovery TLOD, similar to + FPS for cloud recovery FPS with DynamicLOD_ResetEdition, so that a relative rather than absolute Cloud Recovery TLOD can be used. This is useful if you regularly change your TLOD Min but don't want to have to change your Cloud Recovery TLOD as well to match the change. When enabled, your Cloud Recovery TLOD will be relative to your TLOD Min, eg. if TLOD Min is 50, Cloud Recovery TLOD is 50 and + is checked, your actual Cloud Recovery TLOD will be 50 + 50 = 100. When not enabled, Cloud Recovery TLOD will be absolute, like it previously was. eg. if Cloud Recovery TLOD is set to 100, then that is the TLOD value at which cloud recovery will be reset.
  • Changed AutoOlod to default to on for non-expert mode following no major negative feedback on default AutoOlod settings causing issues when AutoOlod is enabled. Non-expert AutoOlod settings are: OLOD @ Base your default MSFS OLOD, Alt OLOD Base 2000 ft, OLOD @ top the greater of 20% of your default MSFS OLOD or 10, and Alt OLOD Top 10000 ft.
  • Added interface to GPU-Z to run as a companion app and show GPU load information on the status line in the app. Will require GPU-Z to be running in the background and, if not detected, GPU will simply not show.
  • Made status line items more concise. TLOD Min nomenclature changed to show the actual TLOD Min value being prioritised and + means extra TLOD Min is active.
  • Added various log file entries related to new functionality and reduced logging of sim values to be on change of one of those values.
  • Fixed various logic issues relating to cloud quality recovery and TLOD Min extra.
  • Extended FPS setting timer to 20 seconds on initial flight loading to allow MP and AI traffic to load in fully, 20 seconds after auto raising TLOD Min in non-expert mode and to 10 seconds for all other graphics mode transitions.
  • Changed app icon, in memory of my bestest buddy Leo.
  • Added tootips for key settings.
  • Added minimise button to app window.
  • Changed window background colour from glaring white to light grey.
  • Added SmoothFlight to list of apps to check if already running, as these apps would conflict.

Edited by Reset XPDR
  • Like 2

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 5200x5200 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Can someone please try out the new auto target FPS functionality in the AutoFPS 0.4.2 test version and put me out of my misery from not knowing whether it is any good or not! 🤪

2 minutes ago, Reset XPDR said:

Can someone please try out the new auto target FPS functionality in the AutoFPS 0.4.2 test version and put me out of my misery from not knowing whether it is any good or not! 🤪

If you posted it, it is fantastic and everyone is grateful 🙂

Had to revert from the beta to SU14 so back to dynamic_lod. Being late on a weekend is hard, but people will surely get to it soon!

• Like 1

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

your putting  updates  far too quickly  can you slow  it  down abit  so  we  can  catch up from the last update 🙂 

• Like 2

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

your putting  updates  far too quickly  can you slow  it  down abit  so  we  can  catch up from the last update 🙂 

Fair enough. I will stop putting out test releases until I get some feedback on what is currently out there.

Edited by Reset XPDR
  • Like 1