Sign in to follow this  
Steve Halpern

"Ground Environment X" Released

"I do not think some users want to switch because they are so comfortable with XP"You sure got that right Steve! Who needs the hassle? Not me, for one.Mike

Guest Lith1um

>I sure don't see as many posts of screenshots as I though I'd>see, let alone replies here or over at Simforum. One thing is>for certain, that team put out wonderful textures, so I have>to wonder if FSX is not moving that well in the add-on>department. Sure a good number of folks claim to be happy as>a lark with FSX, but I sure don't get the impression that the>number is near what it was or is for FS9. It seems to me>people really are waiting a while to even worry about messing>with FSX. I know I won't play until the hardware seems to>keep up and the overall opinion is great, which I don't think>FSX has a good one right now. >>I wish the team and all FSX add-on developers luck though, and>I'll be there to support them as soon as I feel confident that>FSX is up to the task, if ever.I have a reply, but I don't think it will be one you like.I do not understand the menatlity of people who self admitedly DO NOT run FSX, yet take every oportunity to visit the FSX forums and grind an axe.This was a positive thread about the release of a terrific product. It wasn't intended as a thread to voice questions about the success of FSX. There is a term for what you did, it's called "thread crapping". Alot of it goes on here, too much imo.Veiling your jab at FSX with kind regards for the dev community means nothing. I suggest you start your own thread to prevent this one from being further derailed.

Yep, well said!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Ok, had to get the hip waders out to get this far.....I was so happy to see a thread about GEX, only to find that it had lost itself and become another FS9 vs. FSX thread.....when is this going to STOP!!!I have a question for those running GEX and UTX, can you let me know if you just kept everything on in Ultimate Terrain, and then have GEX running alongside it. I bought GEX last night and had very little time to play with it and was wondering if there is anything in particular that needs to be turned off within UTX to make GEX shine. I am using UTX's packaged landclass, fsgenesis mesh, xgraphics, and thats it....well...its in my sig. Perhaps I have it right already, thought I would check with some of you to make sure. Thanks!!and btw....just how amazing is this. I loaded up Van Nuys with autogen on Dense like they say, I was BLOWN AWAY!!If you have not done this yet, goto KVNY, autogen dense, p-51 or bird of choice.... look down during a nice bank and just try to convince yourself....its not real....its not real.....is it ? ? ? thanks in advanceDanon --

Anyone experiencing difficulty downloading the ddf file?Mike

Guest Phil75070

I am curious as to how not only UTX and GEX play together, but also how GEX and X-Graphics co-exist, or is GEX equivalent to X-Graphics? Sorry if this is a dumb question but I am relatively new to the whole FSX scene.

Guest jase439

GE Pro (for FS9) included an advanced editor for customizing the ground textures to your personal preferences. It doesn't exist yet for FSX, but imagine it will be at some point in the future.

I also would like to know the difference and/or compatibility with Xgraphics.And if they don't work together how to disable xgraphics while trying GEX>Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Apparently you have to "Save target as...". Saw that at the GEX forums.I'm DL-ing right now, still over three hours to go on my lousy cable connection. Oh well.

ok, I will try. I have Xgraphics, Ultimate Terrain, and now..Ground Enviro.Xgraphics does sky, water, sun/moon, road/rail surface, and airport textures. I turned off the road textures so they come from Ultimate Terrain. Within Ultimate Terrain right now, I have all default options on, and only night lighting is turned off. To my knowledge, Ground Enviro replaces all ground textures, except airport textures. Ultimate Terrain calls on Ground Enviro's new textures, so it does not affect Ground Enviro, and Xgraphics is sky/water/airport textures which means it should not affect Ground Enviro either. Now..I do wonder about the special textures within Ultimate Terrain, like the cemetery's, parking lots, railyards, parks, parking lots, and shipping yards, etc...... As far as I know, the only other overlap I can see is with the road/rail textures. Thats where I am right now, trying to figure out what I need to do about overlapping road/rail textures between Ultimate Terrain and Ground Enviro along with the above (special textures) hmmm....what to do.During my test flight over KVNY I saw no abnormalities....But I would love to have someone with more knowledge help me out as well....if that is more confusing....sorry.Danon --

I have a post in over at GEX forum at Flight!.What you say makes sense now that I look at Xgraphics.It has nothing to do with ground textures except roads and water.Water could be in GEX.Ron

Just received a reply from GEX forum.It says there is No conflict.Ron