Sign in to follow this  
Steve Halpern

"Ground Environment X" Released

Boy, so many people on this site have reading comprehension problems, it's pathetic. I questioned the number of sales because GE(X) is a wonderful product and it appears that fewer people are moving to FSX as soon as they did with FS9. Steve from Flight One understood my post and wasn't offended by it, but there's always these babies on here you feel attacked at every turn no matter what some of us post. :-roll

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Quick comments after an install.Cities in summer look great, every city becomes photo real, try flying just before dusk, its amazing. Auto scenery seems to take more time to load, I noticed it popping more than usual?Issue with cities in fall, the yellow sandy airports remain and all major roads are sided by the same yellow sandy texture, doesn't look right at all? Seems to be a grass texture has not been updated?Mountians seem the same? I had hoped for much better mountains looking at your screenshots, but I cant say I see any change from default FSX around Banff?Also have UTX Canada installed if that matters. Lots potential, any suggestions on the mountains and fall grass textures at airports and next to roadways?I'll post some screens later.

Those screen shots are amazing, wow. Great work for sure. I'm curious to see how those work with computers who have blurry problems.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest JimC1702

>Just got it a while ago. Textures are very nice. However the>water is weird. I tried a few water settings in FSX but still>the water color is weird.>GEX does not change water textures. I use FEX (Flight Environment X) for clouds, sky, and water.Jim

>Can we have a few screenshots taken in autumn ?>I would want to know what the result is on the "desert">landscape before downloading.>(If possible a comparison before after, but I understand that>is a lot to ask.)>thanks, JanNo difference for me. Here is KCLT in autumn:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/180903.jpgscott s..

Guest JIMJAM

Own em all,FE,FEX,GE,GEX,UT,UTX ECTAll great but one thing me no likey.The Fall textures here in Columbia SC have some problems.The Airports all appear to be sitting on tan dirt.You can see them from 50 miles away.Sure makes finding airports easy. Just look for the Sahara desert. Featureless plain desert sand.Same with the roads. Miles and miles of desert tan sand lines.Im running UTX but see no way to eliminate it.If we could be given a selection of various textures to choose from for the airports I would be happy.I have not spent much time but overall I am :) Its all a matter of personal taste but IMO the airport textures stick out way to much.

You could always try turning off the UT landclass and see if you prefer the default, or consider Scenery Tech's, (which is very similar to UT's), or FS Genesis landlass.

I think what most people are talking about is the desertish Fall landscape all around; not just around airports which you are showing and complaining about. The airport surrondings and road encasements are part of the overlaying scenery and not part of the underlying textures. I am not sure how you could fix the airports without going after them one by one. As for the road encasements, are from UT and can be disabled. No?

Hi Jim Jam,I am putting together a list of UTX USA / CANADA setup enhancements to set to in-active and active in order to get the best results when used with GEX for now until I have a more permanent solution ;).I have already started work on the first texture-update. We work very close with the UTX team so rest asured that all "sour thumbs" will be ironed out. The release of GEX is not static, and I want to encourage customers to post and share their ideas, suggestions and/or problems in our Ground Environment X simforums so that I can potentially incorporate them into frequent updates. Anthony

Banner_eu_anthony.jpg

I had this issue on the 7900 and using ASG, unchecking the land details under the scenery tab eliminated the problem temporarily and haven't seen it since upgrading to the 8800.I think it was ASG anyway, I've got so many add-ons now I can't keep track of what's doing what.

Turn off the encasement option in Ultimate Terrain X. That will solve this issue.Anthony is looking at this now and will have an update hopefully shortly.

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

Excellent news! Love to see developers working together, win win situation if you ask me. Anyway, congratulations on a great product, another must have for FSX.

Turn off the Encasement option in Ultimate Terrain X if you are using it...Post that picture at SimForums also so Anthony knows about it (but he is already aware of the UTX Encasement setting).

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software