Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nils79

Acceleration crashes

Guest rat-7

HI,Every time that I play with Acceleration, it crashes after about 30 to 60 min of flightAt first I was able to use it for flight of upto 12hrs and now it crashesI ask in the Microsoft Vista's games newsgroup, and I was told that it is a heat problem, so I installed a slot fan above the video card and I have the same resultsMy video card is a Nvidia 8800GTS with 640Mb, and usinf only Bilinear filters

Guest Nils79

Hi,is there a error message or is your system freezing?If there is a error message:try the newest drivers: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-usGet the latest updates for your OS via Windows UpdateGet the latest DirectX runtime: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=enIf you are using Vista: http://www.nvidia.com/object/windows_vista_hotfixes.htmlIf your system is freezing, you should monitor your temperatures (with e.g. speedfan).

Guest rat-7

The system is already uptodate, and is not freezing, the only thing that I have is that during a flight between 30 to 60 mins in the flight I get thrown out of the game with a message that Flight Simulator encountered an error an is restartingBTW. this the only game that has that kind of behaviour

Guest Nils79

What does the error message say (which dll is involved?) and what add-ons are you using? You have add-ons in your other games?

Guest rat-7

The error message is just as I said beforeFlight Simulator encountered an error and is restartingAnd that's all it does, everytime about 30 to 60 min into the flightAnd I have no add-on for this game since there is no add-on for flight simulator X, or any other version that I know of

Guest Nils79

But on the error message, there should be a clickable link for more information.Without that information, we cant help you.It's not normal that FSXA crashes after 30-60 minutes and if you want help, its necessary that you give us more detailed information about your system.Are you only flying with the default airplanes? Are you using the default ai traffic?Are you using non-default scenery, textures, mesh, landclass? Does it happen with all airplanes and at any location?

Guest Captain Dad

I'm not a big fan of FSX anymore. Too many problems.My newly purchased FSX Acceleration does the same thing as his.Installed Service Pack on a clean FSX; I had no add-ons anyway.Then bought and installed Accelleration.Opening FSX gives me an error code: 1-80004005. YOUR PRODUCT IS NOT REGESTERED AND TRIAL VERSION IS ENDING."HAVE A NICE DAY, YOU FOOL" AND THANKS FOR WASTING YOUR MONEY. BASICALLY.Any ideas how to fix this? :-hang John Wyatt

Guest rat-7

I'm sorry but there is nothing else but that FLight Simulator encountered a problem and it is restarting.What else but the default planes, there isn't any other than those provided with the gamesAnd yes it does happen every where I flight to or from and it's never any longer than 60 minutes before a crashThe only "special" setting that I have is for the weather to be downloaded and update regularly