Sign in to follow this  
Guest jase439

Loading Air/Land/Sea Traffic Annoyance...

Guest jase439

One of my major grievances with FSX is the all-too-frequent "loading air/land/sea traffic" popup. It displays at the most inopportune moments, forces a reset of the Direct3D environment, and it shuffles my existing AI traffic. To this last point, I was taxiing to the gate at KLAS last night with Southwest and Delta 37's parked to either side of me. Just as I was pulling up to the gate, the annoying dialog pops up, and when my display comes back, both planes are gone! Further down the terminal is a Frontier and a JetBlue craft sitting at the gate in their stead.Is there a configuration option to control this behavior (short of setting AI traffic levels to 0)? I don't quite understand how FS2K4 could manage hundreds of craft without disrupting the simulation, but FSX has to reset the simulation every ten minutes (with traffic levels at 20%).That wretched dialog is the worst sight for an eye-straining pilot on a 1/2 mile final in RVR minimums. Is there a "tweak" to suppress this behavior?

Guest RonB49

>Is there a configuration option to control this behavior (short of setting AI traffic levels to 0)? Not in FS but I believe the problem is created by FSUIPC. It has never happened to me (yes, I am saying that I do NOT see the traffic reloads that you experience) but I've read about it in this forum. If you own the payware version of FSUIPC, look for a checkbox that refers to syncing the time. Uncheck that box. You should be able to find several threads about this problem by searching this forum.R-

That has nothing to do with FSX.Look at FSUIPC, as was said.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest jase439

I do, in fact, have this option checked. I will untick this for now and see what Pete has to say about it in his forums. In fairness, the FSUIPC docs does refer to a "texture reload", but I didn't equate that to "your entire external simulation state will be reset". Maybe FSX is just more "twitchy" about incremental adjustments to its clock than 2K4?Anyway, thanks guys. I'm quite glad to hear it's a correctable "problem" and not something else I have to "live with" in FSX.