Sign in to follow this  
dlhusk

Help with aicarriers2

Hi guysabsolutely love this addon for acceleration. My only problem is, now I can ONLY fly missions ie. any normal flying is linked to the acceleration carrier practice mission and I can't select any other a/c, etc. Any ideas?I'm hoping I don't have to uninstall aicarriers2 to get rid of it. Also, is there a way to spawn on a carrier without a mission?THanks

Start a normal flight in "Free Flight", fly to the area you want the plane, of course better to fly out of a costal city. After you get where you want to place the ships just click on the menu item that says add-on and choose what you want, single carrier, small fleet, etc. After that you will be able to fly at will and land. I set one up yeterday at NAS Key West and flew out to just past key West about 13 miles and placed the fleet there. I then took off from NAS KW and landed on the carrier, makes it handy if you need gas to fill up at NAS also.You should remember that you cannot save the missions with the carriers there, when you shut down and restart the carriers are "gone" and you have to replace. I have been able to save the flight though and real quick add the fleet back in the same place.Have fun!

Hi dlhusk, thanks for that. My issue is - I want to do more than fly to just carriers however even in Free Flight, FSX defaults to a mission eg. no matter where I start up I still get the "rogue pilot, all hands on deck" overplay played and I cannot select another a/c ingame.how can I undo this? does aicarriers default the game to a mission only? hopefully I'm being clear with my explanation. :)

>Hi dlhusk, >>thanks for that. My issue is - I want to do more than fly to>just carriers however even in Free Flight, FSX defaults to a>mission eg. no matter where I start up I still get the "rogue>pilot, all hands on deck" overplay played and I cannot select>another a/c ingame.>>how can I undo this? does aicarriers default the game to a>mission only? hopefully I'm being clear with my explanation.>:) It appears that somehow that "mission" got saved as your defaultflight. "aicarriers2" is definately not the culprit.I'd go into the fsx.CFG file and see what the default flight is set to.It would be listed uner the "USERINTERFACE" heading.Look for the line: SITUATION=This defines the startup location I believe.If all else fails, rename your fsx.CFG and let FSX build a newone. If you are "back to normal" then check the old one against the new one to see what might have been PORKED... Paul

Wide-5.jpg

>do you know where I can find the fsx.cfg in windows vista?click startin the instant search box type:%Appdata%MicrosoftFSX press enter.A window will open and you will now be in the directory that contains your fsx.cfg file.