Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Fenix A320 Block 2 is released

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, mmcmah said:

A workaround that's come up on their Discord is to cycle the throttles to idle and back to climb and also wiggle the joystick around. It seems that protections are kicking in (or nearly so) and that the AP then gets locked out.

So, this is an interesting one - but we're finding out users that are unable to engage AP are in AoA Prot submode, which stays engaged after it has kicked in, even if you're no longer in that situation - in order to disconnect AoA Prot submode, do the following:

spacer.png

  • Upvote 1

Aamir Thacker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Aamir said:

So, this is an interesting one - but we're finding out users that are unable to engage AP are in AoA Prot submode, which stays engaged after it has kicked in, even if you're no longer in that situation - in order to disconnect AoA Prot submode, do the following:

spacer.png

Is there an indication when the AoA prot sets in? On the ECAM or somewhere?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Aamir thanks so much for taking the time to give support here at Avsim! Much appreciated from many of us I’m sure (especially those dinosaurs who get dizzy and nauseous in discord).

  • Like 5

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Is there an indication when the AoA prot sets in? On the ECAM or somewhere?

In classic Airbus fashion, some stages will give you notice, others may not. 

  • Like 2

Aamir Thacker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Gumerson said:

Sure!
I installed B2 without uninstalling previous version. I had this trouble before. Failures was set to none. 

Thanks for your help

Richard

Fixed 34: NAV FAILURE (IRS 1, 2, 3) and AP disconect after take off uninstalling Fenix and deleting all the comunity folders, program data, program files related.
Also I left deactivated SDS and rudder in EFB, still do not know if this is the culpcrit. Just flying now from LFPO to EGAA at last!

Edited by Gumerson
more info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Not necessarily replying to you in particular. Question: there’s of course dead zone settings in MSFS control sensitivities, but also in the McDu. Do the MCDU one override MSFS perhaps?

Food questions. I have equaled them (4%) in MSFS and MCDU

  • Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Food questions. I have equaled them (4%) in MSFS and MCDU

Ok. I set 3% in both. Food? 🌮


i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Ok. I set 3% in both. Food? 🌮

Food=Good...... 😂

  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Not necessarily replying to you in particular. Question: there’s of course dead zone settings in MSFS control sensitivities, but also in the McDu. Do the MCDU one override MSFS perhaps?

The deadzone in the MCDU is for the thrust lever detents. The deadzone in the MSFS control sensitivities is for aileron, elevator, and rudder. 

Edited by martinboehme
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

@Aamir thanks so much for taking the time to give support here at Avsim! Much appreciated from many of us I’m sure (especially those dinosaurs who get dizzy and nauseous in discord).

Speaking of discord - I went there yesterday, but was unable to find any channels I was able to post in (and no channels with current discussion - just announcements or archived discussion). Is this normal / expected? If not, why might I not be seeing all of the channels? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, martinboehme said:

The deadzone in the MCDU is for the thrust lever detents. The deadzone in the MSFS control sensitivities is for aileron, elevator, and rudder. 

Thanks, that clears things up a bit! I did recalibrate my TCA throttle quadrant, but haven’t had a chance to test reverse thrust yet in the new beta. Anyone had success with this?


i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, martinboehme said:

Speaking of discord - I went there yesterday, but was unable to find any channels I was able to post in (and no channels with current discussion - just announcements or archived discussion). Is this normal / expected? If not, why might I not be seeing all of the channels? 

My daughter pointed me to the community forum section which I actually found very useful. There’s also the Fenix-chat channel, with 1000+ messages per hour. But no support channel that I’ve seen…

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El Diablito said:

I suspect you might be doing something wrong as I have several different profiles and they all work seemlessly on their own, independently from each other.

Maybe you copied your profile rather than starting from scratch?

You're right! My bad - it's there yes, per profile too !!! Thx !!!


Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aamir said:

So, this is an interesting one - but we're finding out users that are unable to engage AP are in AoA Prot submode, which stays engaged after it has kicked in, even if you're no longer in that situation - in order to disconnect AoA Prot submode, do the following:

spacer.png

Wow, thanks for this, took off from Zagreb, and got locked out of AP, and was like ok, what now!?


Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Thanks, that clears things up a bit! I did recalibrate my TCA throttle quadrant, but haven’t had a chance to test reverse thrust yet in the new beta. Anyone had success with this?

I have new beta version, and I using TCA. No problem about reverse thrust. I just calibrated thru MCDU option. 

Edited by rutrA
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 64GB RAM 6000MHz, Asus Prime B650+, 850W PSU

English is not my first language.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...