Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Fenix A320 Block 2 is released

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

My daughter pointed me to the community forum section which I actually found very useful. There’s also the Fenix-chat channel, with 1000+ messages per hour. But no support channel that I’ve seen…

Thanks, then I'll have to take another look. I definitely didn't see a chat channel with that kind of activity. Do you know what the channel is called? The "community forum section" - is that also on Discord? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, martinboehme said:

Thanks, then I'll have to take another look. I definitely didn't see a chat channel with that kind of activity. Do you know what the channel is called? The "community forum section" - is that also on Discord? 

Yes

gUGYZxl.jpeg

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, martinboehme said:

Thanks, then I'll have to take another look. I definitely didn't see a chat channel with that kind of activity. Do you know what the channel is called? The "community forum section" - is that also on Discord? 

Community -Forum is the channel you want. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonderful update ( those IAE sounds are amazing )  but i am having issues with reverse thrust.(same with block 1)

Once i land and press F2 ( i don't have reverse on my joystick) to activate full reverse, it just stays in reverse idle until it slows down to around 80 knots. Tried also holding down the key and it does not kick in until the aircraft is almost at a stop . 

All my other AC F2 standard key works fine with reverse kicking in right away.

I am not on SU15 beta.

Wonder if this is normal behavior or a bug

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Yes

NSLl4Oh.jpeg

That image isn't showing for me. "The image you are requesting does not exist or is no longer available." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, martinboehme said:

That image isn't showing for me. "The image you are requesting does not exist or is no longer available." 

Because I just re-uploaded it. Try F5


i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, planechaser said:

Once i land and press F2 ( i don't have reverse on my joystick) to activate full reverse, it just stays in reverse idle until it slows down to around 80 knots. Tried also holding down the key and it does not kick in until the aircraft is almost at a stop . 

It's been a while since I've used the keyboard for this, but I seem to recall you need to press F2 once to get into idle reverse, then release it, then press and hold it again to get more than idle reverse. Does that work? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Because I just re-uploaded it. Try F5

Thanks, I see it now! (I mean your image.) 

Strange, the whole "Customer Lounge" section didn't display for me when I went there yesterday. Do I need to register as a customer somewhere before I get access? (Possibly just a case of me not RTFM?) 

Edited by martinboehme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, martinboehme said:

It's been a while since I've used the keyboard for this, but I seem to recall you need to press F2 once to get into idle reverse, then release it, then press and hold it again to get more than idle reverse. Does that work? 

If you have a joy stick with an extra button, I use the trigger key on my joystick assign it in MSFS to "Hold Throttle Reverse Thrust"  When you want to activate reverse, hold the button and then  your throttle will control the amount of reverse. Want to go forward again let go of the button. 


 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, jcomm said:

You're right! My bad - it's there yes, per profile too !!! Thx !!!

No problem. I used to copy my profiles and do the odd tweak and found I always had a conflict which caused larger aircraft like the 747 or 777 to veer violently to the left during taxi, for example.

When I started building the profiles from scratch, tedious as it is, I never had a problem. Good luck!


B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, martinboehme said:

What was your weight and ISA deviation?

I'm going off the tables here:

https://www.air-septimanie.com/pdf/technical/A320/en/A320PERFORMANCE.pdf

Based on those, at FL 320 and ISA, a Mach. 78 cruise gives a fuel flow of 5,100 pounds per hour (both engines) at 120,000 lbs. That's relatively light - but maybe you were doing a short sector and weren't fully loaded?

Getting the fuel consumption right was a big focus of the external engine model, so I would expect they have done extensive validation on this.

 

Wow this thread is moving so fast...

I was on a relatively short sector of about 500 miles.  I set 160 passengers and about 10,000 lbs of payload so fairly full.  Fuel load was set at 20,000 lbs and I landed with 12,000 lbs remaining.  If published fuel burn is at 5,100 lbs total it would be about right I would think.  I can't remember my gross weight but probably around 153,000 lbs give or take a few.  Maybe at that weight the fuel flow may still be a tad bit low?  It could just be atmospherics which are not always perfect in the simulator obviously! 

Only thing I am not 100% sure is if it actually imported the payload into the airplane?  I did push the button but it felt rather sporty climbing out compared to what I remember from the first build.  Next opportunity I look into it further to see if I can tell what it is doing?    

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With a lot of profiles it gets tedious forgetting to change to correct aircraft before loading flight, which I just did for the umpteenth time

2 minutes ago, longhaul747 said:

Wow this thread is moving so fast...

Almost like the fenix-chat section on discord lol 

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, longhaul747 said:

I can't remember my gross weight but probably around 153,000 lbs give or take a few.  Maybe at that weight the fuel flow may still be a tad bit low?

According to the tables I linked to earlier, yes, but...

2 minutes ago, longhaul747 said:

Only thing I am not 100% sure is if it actually imported the payload into the airplane?  I did push the button but it felt rather sporty climbing out compared to what I remember from the first build. 

This sounds suspiciously as if it didn't load the passengers for some reason, and then the fuel flow would be consistent with the low weight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Half way through a two hour flight, cruising at FL350, autopilot kicked off.  Just re-engaged it. Version one never did that for me.

4 minutes ago, longhaul747 said:

 

Wow this thread is moving so fast...

I was on a relatively short sector of about 500 miles.  I set 160 passengers and about 10,000 lbs of payload so fairly full.  Fuel load was set at 20,000 lbs and I landed with 12,000 lbs remaining.  If published fuel burn is at 5,100 lbs total it would be about right I would think.  I can't remember my gross weight but probably around 153,000 lbs give or take a few.  Maybe at that weight the fuel flow may still be a tad bit low?  It could just be atmospherics which are not always perfect in the simulator obviously! 

Only thing I am not 100% sure is if it actually imported the payload into the airplane?  I did push the button but it felt rather sporty climbing out compared to what I remember from the first build.  Next opportunity I look into it further to see if I can tell what it is doing?    

 

I do all my flightplans and loading with Simbrief. It is never wrong. 


 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, El Diablito said:

No problem. I used to copy my profiles and do the odd tweak and found I always had a conflict which caused larger aircraft like the 747 or 777 to veer violently to the left during taxi, for example.

When I started building the profiles from scratch, tedious as it is, I never had a problem. Good luck!

I do have separate profiles for each aircraft / type, but I thought the SENSITIVITY sections were shared among them. After all they're not ! Great !

  • Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulators: MSFS 2020... (😍 IT !!!), AND AeroflyFS4 - Great  FLIGHT SIMULATION !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...