Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

I've decided to take the plunge! FSX here I come

ok, I want to give FSX another tryI've been out of FSX stuff for a while, so not sure what are the must haves of files and stuffbut I def want to get the following:active sky xultimate terrain x for usa and canadaground environment xproblem is I can only get one at a time,which one should I get first? GEX or UTXthanksciao!Brian S

Ciao!

Arghh, that's a tough one. Depends on whether or not you prefer a good looking sky or a good looking ground. If you prefer both, flip a coin, because both will enhance your experience.

no, I know I want to go with improving the ground first! my question is which ground program first? ultimate terrain x or ground environment xthanksciao!Brian S

Ciao!

Oops sorry, so many bloody X's I thought it said something else. Still, a tough choice. I did UTX first and used that without complaint but the choice breaks down to what's more important, roads, coastlines and urban placement as far as textures are concerned or the quality of the overall textures within the sim.GEX is more cost effective, 30 bucks for US and Canada compared to buying 2 separate products but that depends on where you fly, so it comes down to which enhancement you would prefer first? Can you live with the default textures, if not get GEX now, if so, get UTX to enhance the coasts, roads etc....I'd go to the prospective websites and take a look as well, compare features and see if something strikes you that you'd prefer to have now rather than wait.Worse comes to worse, go with my original suggestion, flip a coin.Good luck.

What about FEX? I'd do FEX before GEX. I think that rhymes.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

well i think i will go with ut x usa and then canada, i do mostly bush flyingthe landclass thing is more important at first, cause fsx default had so much desert stuff in it..ciao!Brian S

Ciao!

Definitely UT first.....IMO of course ;) ....

>>which one should I get first? GEX or UTX>UTX cause you will be always pleasedUTXthen ASXthen GEXallen

I'd go with GEX, because more accurate coast lines are don't matter to me much. I don't use landmarks for navigation anyway. (I use either GPS or trusty VOR needle). The placement of cities and towns won't matter much to me either. I rather have more realistic looking towns than ones that are not realistic looking but are placed geographically correctly.However, I love the 3d street lights in UT. So at the end, its still your choice, based on preferance to make.

well, I will get them all eventually so.. I'm going to try to swing both ut usa and canada, then i can really do some bush flying

Ciao!