Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Review of Fenix B2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Maxis said:

I do because at the end of the day the delivery of the message may not have been the most appropriate but something needed to be done and he wasnt afraid to say what needed to be said. Do i agree with everything he says .. no but i don't show up for the drama, I show up to learn things and procedures and regardless of whether he is type rated or not every atp posess core competencies and people have brains and senses to observe and deduce that something is not giving the expected repeatable output under consistent repeatable inputs and conditions. 

Now someone like myself who has much thinner skin would have gotten offended, and responded unkindly. The devs at Fenix saw the commentary (among other valid complaints and issues), took up the challenge and here we are with product and handling improvements. So no hes not specifically A320 type rated .. Yes his attitude and directness of conversation may not be the best but the very things he was complaining about got fixed. We are all better for it.

I'm guessing this is unpopular opinion on these boards but hopefully we are still free to express a contrarian view.

Just my 2c

Won't hear that language for PMDG though has to protect them anyway he can. Plenty of pilots who fly the 320 and don't compare it to a 330. Which the dev's also challenged him about.

Edited by carlanthony24
  • Like 1

Just now, carlanthony24 said:

Won't hear that language for PMDG though has to protect them anyway he can.

Ive heard him slag PMDG off in his content as well .. Not everything he wants them to fix gets fixed.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

Just now, Maxis said:

Ive heard him slag PMDG off in his content as well .. Not everything he wants them to fix gets fixed.

Oh please rarely. Obviously did not see the slandering on the PMDG forum breaking their own rules crapping on other developers.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

Oh please rarely. Obviously did not see the slandering on the PMDG forum breaking their own rules crapping on other developers.

I'm not here to play whataboutism with you. I stated my opinion and i knew you specifically would be the first not to agree. That's absolutely fine .. we are adults .. your entitled to how you feel about the matter as i am about it .. I however will not be having any extended conversations about it .. Ive got other issues elsewhere to discuss.

Edited by Maxis

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

I have no idea how to even fly any airbus (I was raised on Boeing lol), but I do plan on either learning on the FBW A320 or even splurging on the Fenix one day. I have watched several videos on the subject by several different pilots, whether IRL or pretend. 

Out of all them this A330 driver dude just comes off as a knob (australian term). 

• Like 1

i9-13900K | 6400MHz DDR5 (32GB) | GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | ViewSonic 27in QHD VA 165Hz Curved | Windows 10 |

MSFS Premium Deluxe | PMDG 737 | Horizon 787-9

Marc

4 minutes ago, Maxis said:

I'm not here to play whataboutism with you. I stated my opinion and i knew you specifically would be the first not to agree. That's absolutely fine .. we are adults .. your entitled to how you feel about the matter as i am about it .. I however will not be having any extended conversations about it .. Ive got other issues elsewhere to discuss.

Nothing about whataboutism Its showing people for who he really is. If you support people like him fair enough. Keeps digging a bigger hole for himself and people are seeing it. image.png?ex=65f8b203&is=65e63d03&hm=7152e1bce20c5596a35dff827eb6d6fef242b26de3bece902ba50fe6d5872830&= I'll leave this here. Narcissistic 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@carlanthony24

I'm sorry i am unmoved. There are no amount of posts or replies you can make that is going to influence my opinion. I already stated that im not here for the drama .. i state a contrary to popular opinion and that's it .

Edited by Maxis

57 minutes ago, Vel said:

320SimPilot somehow manages to be knowledgeable, entertaining, honest and self deprecating at the same time. If hes not sure of something, he will say so. No bluff and bluster. Ive learned a huge amount from watching his videos and live streams.

1000% agree! Modesty > arrogance. At the beginning of my MSFS career, I had no idea how to operate an Airbus. I came from years in the ZIBO 737 in XP11. Back then, flightdeck2sim was my CFI. Since then, I've learned 95% of my Airbus skills from 320 🙂

I don't mind Gavin at all, he's extremely knowledgeable. If both the captain and the FO on a RL A320 somehow goes incapacitated, I'm sure he'll be able to bring the bird down safely!

• Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

There are two "simpilots" A320 Sim Pilot, a (former) at least FO for an airbus operator; and EZJetSimpilot (Gavin), some bloke from England.

Both are good content creators.

Of the RW A320 pilots, V1 is the one I look to first. That is because I catch most of his streams so I have things he said about the Fenix et. al before B2.

14 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

Folks like Into the Blue Simulations I also like though no IRL experience on the 320 particularly.

He's an IRL Airbus pilot. 

Judging from his tutorial/review history it would seem likely that he's on one of the A3xx single aisles. 

He doesn't talk about it much as his jam is all kinds of add-ons, rather than focusing on Airbus and other 'liners as so many do (one of the reasons I prefer him, actually).

• Like 1

On 2/29/2024 at 11:08 PM, carlanthony24 said:

Might want to read this. https://prnt.sc/GDkIwJKSp0HY A lot said he is wrong.

Seems there’s an unhealthy compulsion to stalk a guy who posts yt vids. Don’t know what’s up with past history to make this a personal thingy, but honestly, it’s weird. 

• Upvote 1

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, kdfw__ said:

Seems there’s an unhealthy compulsion to stalk a guy who posts yt vids. Don’t know what’s up with past history to make this a personal thingy, but honestly, it’s weird. 

Nope its when people reference a guy who pretends to know everything and is wrong. Use to watch him all the time then realized actually he has a massive ego and the people who disagree with him need I mention the real world pilots who fly the aircraft for a living he takes a disliking to what ever they say. Its either his right and everyone else is wrong or they are right and hes wrong which he can't handle.

Edited by carlanthony24
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, carlanthony24 said:

Nope its when people reference a guy who pretends to know everything and is wrong. Use to watch him all the time then realized actually he has a massive ego and the people who disagree with him need I mention the real world pilots who fly the aircraft for a living he takes a disliking to what ever they say. Its either his right and everyone else is wrong or they are right and hes wrong which he can't handle.

Lets just say A330 pilot, driver or whatever has a "Agenda against" whether its good or bad. After watching a few reviews I find Blackbox711 to be the best to critique the Fenix as a serious observer. He says it is much better than before but "needs some adjustments" and it's not all of their fault and I will leave it at that. He was a beta tester on the Fenix and the FS Labs but he says the NEW "Platform" needs to step up.

Edited by JBDB-MD80
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Not being a huge fan of that kind of attitude/behaviour, I'll go ahead and unsubscribe from his channel. Thanks for the heads up!

My favourite however is live-streaming V2 as we speak:

My fave too!

• Like 2

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

1 hour ago, JYW said:

My fave too!

Don't get me wrong and I "truely"  love V1  but he is a little "courteous" of the Fenix these days.