Sign in to follow this  
greggerm

GEX is fantastic

I don't post here that often but i just gotta say that this program totally made my day, week, year. It tripled my pleasure, without any framerate hit!Works nice together with UTX, Active Sky XGraphics and FEX as far as i can tell. I even set my autogen from normal to very dense and still have no measurable framerate hit.Deserts are gone now (only been to Florida, Seattle and Canada), beautifull!I am not working for these guys or something but this program just makes me very happy!Praise!

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

interesting when you say it gets rid of the "deserts" ??I am debating on which one to get first GEX or UTX ?I want whatever will get rid of the deserts everywhere phenomenon in the defualt - I thought UTX would do that, but... can you explain more detail?thanksciao!Brian S

Ciao!

Landclass is what should erradicate misplaced desert. Landclass tells FS which texture tiles to place in any given location so products like FS Genesis Landclass, Scenery Tech and X-class help alleviate the problem although all have pros and cons.GEX is only textures, and won't re-align desert placement but does enhance or improve upon what deserts look like, but in combination with a good landclass product (I'm using SceneryTech's offering), should help in reducing the problem.

>Landclass is what should erradicate misplaced desert. >Landclass tells FS which texture tiles to place in any given>location so products like FS Genesis Landclass, Scenery Tech>and X-class help alleviate the problem although all have pros>and cons.>>GEX is only textures, and won't re-align desert placement but>does enhance or improve upon what deserts look like, but in>combination with a good landclass product (I'm using>SceneryTech's offering), should help in reducing the problem.>>Some of the desert look of FSX is due to too much yellow in some default textures. GEX does improve on this situation.

The landclass does drive the type of texture used to paint the ground, but some of those very textures are what's causing the problems. As an example, many airports in Flight Simulator up in New England have a decidely light brown tinge grass apron as fall/winter set in. The default grass textures, when adjusted for seasons, really tends to cause issues. While you are certainly right that landclass tells the sim to plonk down sand textures vs. grass textures, cartain grass/scrub textures themselves look a little too sandy - thus leading to many of the desert cases. Hopefully some kind folks will take a 1:1 screenshot of Stock vs. GEX in a sandy area. That way we can see how the new textures will improve the look!-Greg