Sign in to follow this  
Guest risa2000

Controls "touch area" offset - issue

Guest risa2000

Hello all,I am having this issue since FSX RTM and now also in SP1. I am wondering what might be the problem but so far was not able to identify the cause.After some time of playing (or some action - honestly I do not know), the controls "touch area" for mouse is suddenly offset down to where it should be. So instead of "clicking the buttons" I have to click like one cursor length below the button. It affects 2D cockpit, 3D cockpit, gadget panels, and also in game menus (which appear on right click) and which can be invoked from Alt menu.Together with that, when I then try to move a control panel, or opened gadget panel (like GPS), it snaps to the grid which is not aligned with my screen, but is slightly offset (in both vertical and horizontal directions). So it is impossible (after grabbing the panel) put it back to the original aligned place, because it snaps all around and either overlaps (out of the screen) or alignes with some margin inside the screen.I wonder what may be wrong with my setup. I guess it is not common issue since it would otherwise be mentioned already. I am running Win XP/SP2, MS FSX SP1, on decent hw (C2D E6600, nvidia 7900GT, 2GB RAM) using latest beta drivers for gfx card (but the previous WHQL certified drivers did it too).

It's been awhile since it has happened to me but going from full screen to windowed then back again would cause everything to be out of alignment just as you describe. I can't remember what I did to rid myself of it everytime it would happen, I think going back and forth again between the 2 modes would fix it.Not sure of the cause, but I did have a 7900 GS so it may be a combination of XP and 7900 series.

I had it, too, but I'm pretty sure it disappeared after a re-installation of FSX. It sure was a pain. I use XP SP2 with ATI cards, so I don't think your combo caused it.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest risa2000

Ok, I did complete reinstall, but no luck. With fresh installation I played one mission OK (run to Naples) and then on the second mission it started doing the offset trick again. :(