Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

What's with the massive landing light?

I get this annoyingly (sp?) large landing light on all my acft now, post Acceleration....DX9 XP Prohttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/180954.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest jase439

Do you have bloom effects enabled?(I'm beginning to think Acceleration is more trouble than its worth; unless you're angling for Vista64 and DX10, it seems like a downgrade)

Does the light illuminate the ground in the Marchetti? I have the same plane, along with the scout package, and none of the realair planes landing lights shine on the ground, they can be seen as in your pic from the air, but have no function when it comes to moving around at night.Danon=

Yout landing light has reached Critical Mass.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

In the Marchetti, the landing light does illuminate the ground (SP2-DX9) but it is quite dim, compared to say the Baron.

Bert

>Yout landing light has reached Critical Mass.:-xxrotflmao

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

The landing light size and look normally comes from a file called HALO.BMP found in the FSX->Texture folder. This file is also used for the runway lights.As Acceleration does not modify this file, it is likely that you installed something else which modified the file and thus changed the appearance.Jeff

AVSimSig.jpg

Guest slydon

You are absolutely correct. Mine is uninstalled and gathering dust on the shelf and I bet there are plenty of others that are too. I worked for hours trying to get it to work with no luck. I installed and uninstalled 6 times and I guess that is enough! I just can't get it to work. I hated to give up but it was either that or be a pain in the #### here in the forums. I think people got sick of listening to me. When sp2 d/l comes out I will try it but I can't imagine it will be any different. My landing lights don't work at all on any plane since acceleration.

I did not, it changed after acceleration.... I installed no addons after Acceleration...I think it does modify this file, Accel modified a lot of things argh

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |