Sign in to follow this  
tcgeo

FSX - Scenery Library Utility

Does anyone know the where-abouts of a FSX utility that would sequentialy re-order / re-sort the entries in the scenery.cfg file? I used FSManager for FS9 scenery.cfg maintenance for years and I'm looking for similar functionality in FSX. I just can't stand it when the area.x entries don't conincide with the layer entries.Thanks for any insight to a similar FSX utility.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Hey Holger, thanks a bunch man. That sounds perfect. I'll check it out first thing in the morning. Too tired right now after just getting back from Grandma's house and being stuffed with turkey. :)

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

I just temporarily move my FSX scenery.cfg to FS9 and use FSMgr on it, then restore it.scott s..

Look at fs_scenery_manager_v1.4.zip in AVSIM Library.

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Hi, just curious, do the programs mentioned that do the sequentially re-order / re-sort of the entries in the scenery.cfg file do the same or similar as a Folder/Filename sort conducted by Ultimate Defrag? Just wondering if there would be any advantage to doing this procedure also.Thanks,George

Hi George:The Scenery.cfg file does not derive any optimization benefit from alphabetic sorting; maintenance utilities mostly make sure the Area # and Layer # match to prevent problems in FS.Steve Greenwood just updated his free utility a week or so ago to allow for management of many more add-ons, and we may be seeing some further interesting features in a future version of that "FSTscenery" utility which Holger linked to above.GaryGB