Sign in to follow this  
Guest PPSFA

Been away for a while...

Guest w2sjw

Guys,I'm just getting back into FS from almost a year-long break. My old PC just couldn't handle FSX, so I put it up on the shelf for a while...Now, I've got an E6850-based system with a XFX 8800GTX (768MB), & 2GB DDR2-800 to play with (built the system for Crysis & UT3).I re-installed FSX, and found on first-run that the sim had everything set at ultra-high in the main group sliders (yeah, nice allusion of grandeur there!). The system ran the sim with SP-1 installed at darn near close to 50 FPS with the water lowered to mid-2x from max. Needless to say, I was impressed! Now comes the question of tweaks - I had a custom fsx.cfg from my old computer that was tweaked to all get-out. I don't want to just blindly paste that back into the sim. Are there any post SP-1 tweaks that you guys can point me to as 'must-haves', regardless of how powerful the system is?Thanks in advance!

Guest Nils79

Scott,you shouldn't use the old FSX.CFG.Let FSX built a new one and there is no big need for tweaks.I only use: [Main]DisablePreload=1 [bufferPools]PoolSize=6000000and if you have a widescreen display you can set WideViewAspect=True.

Guest PPSFA

If you are getting 50 FPS...... WHY would you want to tweak it! :-)